Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Ahhhhh! The noise!!!!!!!!!

Noise. Noise. Noise. It does get frustrating at times. The final straw for me happened tonight with a post about misreading a hand because the player fell asleep mid-tournament. Without coming down too hard, does a post like that really add value to the forum?

In an effort to make sure that interesting and valuable posts are read, I'm going to try a little experiement by having a running 3-day digest of posts that I think are worthy of lots of discussion. I apologize in advance if I don't include one of your posts. Please don't send me or one of the other Mods a PM asking that it be included. If one of us thinks it should be at the top, it will be.

I'm going to unsticky the "Play a Hand with the Masters" composite post to limit the stickies to 3. There will be a link to that in the Anthology. And yes, we'll have more once the new year begins.

This is only an experiment. There will be plenty of posts that aren't included that still should be read and responded to. But I'm trying to make sure that the very best get the attention they deserve.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Ahhhhh! The noise!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea. Keep up the good work
Old 12-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Get rid of sweat threads entirely, move them to BBV, start a new sub-forum for them, or just make one big sticky thread here for sweats - it could be deleted weekly so it doesnt get huge.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:54 AM

Everybody always thinks that its sweat threads that cause noise. I just don't see that. They are easy to spot, and easy to avoid. The noise is caused by posts that simply don't offer much in terms of strategic or tactical thought. And of course, what's noise to some is gold to others (well, maybe bronze).

BTW, I'm starting this tonight so it will take 3 days before we actually have "3" days.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Noise. Noise. Noise....

[/ QUOTE ]
Smokin weed, smokin weed.
Doin' coke, drinkin beers.
Drinkin beers, beers, beers.
Rollin' fatties, smokin blunts.
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts!

P.S.
I would like to once again defend FT sweat threads, as
a) easy to avoid.
b) good for morale.
c) good sources of information for those inclined because FTs are 1- not too common unless you're Rizen & 2- Important to be familair/comfortable with when you do get to one.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:54 AM

I agree with Kneeco completely. Sweats need to stay here. Easy enough to avoid if you don't want to see them and they are very useful for improving our own FT play.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:04 AM

I'm going to try and impose a rule that all FT sweat threads comply with the requirements in the FAQ. Essentially, they need to begin with "FT Sweat" and include the site, buy-in, etc. Maybe that will make it even easier to ignore or find.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:06 AM

I think this is very helpful, particularly since you included one of my posts. There is a lot of junk in this forum, which is the main reason for all the forum splitting suggestions.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 AM

good solution to the forum splitting suggestions. the "elitist" can avoid the "noise" and read/participate in posts that you guys deem meaningful. brilliant.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:17 AM

Thank you!!! I'm from Europe and I work from 9 to 5.30 so I have to go to bed relatively early every day. Because of that I miss alot of topics. This way I get the cream of the crop. Muchos gracias seņor!