Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Play this flop for me...

I can see folding to the two preflop, and I can also see calling to see a flop, with the knowledge that the all-in 3bettor probably doesn't have a real 3bet hand. But when the action on the flop to you goes bet-raise-call, I seriously consider dumping this. I figure I'm probably both outkicked right now AND up against a strong draw.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 PM

I certainly don't claim expert status here, but from my limited experience, I find myself OOP with a very difficult hand to play here pf most of the time. My reasoning is:

1. position,
2. strengh of my hand,
3. SB & BB cold calling to 3 bets (2.5 & 2)!

At what you called a "normal" table, 1 may be an aggro maniac, but both of them? Really?

FWIW, I would call 1 back to me here. It is the blinds that push me towards folding in this hand.

On the flop, SB bets, BB raises, hmmm I think that reinforces the line I advocate, but that is results oriented thinking . . .
Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 PM

people need to stop harping on this preflop call and focus on the flop.

preflop a player 3-bet all-in, so it really doesn't matter from that point on because you're playing against the other people and the all-in can't take any more of your money, so it doesn't matter). just simply figure a player raises and your in BB (seeing as you already put in 1 bet) and you'd call this all day.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:38 PM

Drop it like it's hot.

I would consider calling the PFR depending on table reads but on the flop I'd fold. It's two to you, and it still has to get back to MP1 who RPF.

Anyone raise this up PF?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone raise this up PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the table and the limper. Honestly, not often, that I can remember.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I chuck this when it's 2 back to me preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The 3 bettor was all in and tilting. Even if someone does have a premium hand here I don't mind paying 3, or even 4 bets to see a 6 way flop with QJs. Too much monster potential for me.

Would you fold this hand in the BB if was 2 bets to call and you knew you'd get 6 way action on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would throw this away in the BB if it was 2 back to me, yes. That said, one of the things I really hate about the way this hand is setting up is that we're in the middle...EP or LP it's going to be much easier to play postflop than if you find yourself in the situation that you, uh, did...find...yourself in, with bettors on all sides of you and no idea where you stand because of the all-in tilter.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:55 PM

*grunch*

I'd raise preflop. If it's one back to me on the flop I call, two, eh, not sure--I guess call since there are a couple people in? Also it might encourage people to take shots at you if you raise/fold preflop. If the flop goes that way--2 back to you--I would fold--everyone is showing a lot of strength and our hand is not that great.

Maybe a raise PF changes things.

BBB
Old 12-13-2005, 09:11 PM

::grunch::

I would normally fold this to the 3-bet, but it's possible MP3 just wanted to get all his chips in now, and you do have a lot of callers, so ... But you didn't ask about pre-flop, did you?

After the flop - ugh. Yes, it's a big pot and you might have the best hand at the moment, but I really don't see very many clean outs that will give you the best hand at showdown. Another Queen loses to AQ/KQ, both of which are possible here. A non-heart Jack is probably your best hope, and there are only two of those. And if this becomes one of those betting wars that spring up from time to time on the Party micro-limit tables, it's going to be expensive to see a showdown.

I think I just save my chips for the next hand in this case.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 PM

I don't see how you can consider folding preflop here. A cap will be rare at $.5/1 and the all-in is just as likely to have 76s as AA. You have a 5-way pot on top of that.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:05 AM

Preflop: come on big pot baby.

Flop: that is a big pot and only the preflop raiser is behind you.
MP1 did not cap preflop so we are looking at a wide range here.
With 23sb in the pot hero calls because he may have the best hand and the turn will tell us a lot.