Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-09-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Hate all over me for this one.

The table sure gave me hell for this one. FWIW, I don't think I made a clearly bad move on any street.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

UTG ($26.15)
UTG+1 ($50.25)
MP1 ($49.5)
MP2 ($41.55)
Hero ($68.95)
CO ($56.1)
Button ($68.25)
SB ($46)
BB ($79.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds.
(MP2 is a SLA/A with a fairly wide raising range. I have a fairly TAG table image.)
Flop: ($7.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, CO folds, MP2 calls $34.55 (All-In), Hero calls $24.55...
Old 07-09-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Hate all over me for this one.

Standard.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:51 AM

Preflop, your position kind of sucks and villain isn't deep enough to make your drawing hand valuable.

You're looking to flop a draw strong enough to push with, but you have very little fold equity due to villain's style of play and shallow stack. So, most of the time, you're paying $2 to maybe flop something good enough to coinflip the rest of your stack with a maniac.

On the flop, you hold the very definition of a weak draw. Third nut flush, backdoor straight draws only, and a slim chance of live overcards. Unless he has TT or worse a substantial % of the time, raising is a losing play.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:04 AM

I don't like that call at the end. Granted you're getting about 3 to 1 on your money, but your draw may not be to the best hand. You said he raises with a wide range of hands, A6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is quite possible, you're behind here. Also any other suited ace or king of spades, you're behind here. Furthermore, your opponent may have a set (or two pair) which means it elimnates a few of your outs right off the bat. And, even if you hit your flush (and it IS in fact the best hand) on the turn, he has 10 redraw outs which means he'll redraw 20% of the time.