Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Thanks, Jon…

… your math just won me a big pot.

Seat 3 is a total fish (= he will call). Seat 4 isn’t exactly solid but no maniac (= she has trips here 99% of the time). I almost folded, but then thought of grb’s post. Of course, given that she has trip 9s here 75% of the time, it’s maybe not so good?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.80 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

River - (17.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises

Total pot: 21.40 BB
Old 09-08-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Thanks, Jon…

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hem!

no love here? I *was* my thread ya know! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And BTW, Aces up is a hugely different hand than 10s over 7s, wouldn't you think so?

And WTF did he have - trip 9s?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:08 AM

And that CR was pretty funny. What a tourist that guy was.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hem!

no love here? I *was* my thread ya know! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. Love ya too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
And BTW, Aces up is a hugely different hand than 10s over 7s, wouldn't you think so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. I know one of the reasons you called with tens up in that $20/$40 hand was that you thought they might actually be ahead, but according to Jon’s math the call was correct even if the open 3s had trips . So, since I’m absolutely certain aces up are beat here, there is no difference (apart from the fact that 7s full might not win it - so my aces up are actually worse than your tens up).

[ QUOTE ]
And WTF did he have - trip 9s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. (Could have been rolled 3s too, but less likely because one trey is dead).
Old 09-08-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And that CR was pretty funny. What a tourist that guy was.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean my river check-raise? Not sure about that, but I think that a) he might not raise if I bet out and b) if he raises I can’t really 3-bet and risk a cap from 9s full.
Of course the check-raise risks a 3-bet, but I should be good most of the time.