Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 AM

Default 33BB pot TPGK

I didn't know what to do.

SB: (204) 45.6 3.4 34.3 AF 1.3
BB: (1461) 17.1 10.1 29.1 AF 2.2
UTG+2: (23) 60.9 4.3 33.3 AF 1.9
CO: (1553) 17.3 5.1 38.1 AF 1.5

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (24 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (30 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 33 BB
Old 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: 33BB pot TPGK

WOW, that was one weird hand.
preflop i like, with all the callers capping can't be to bad.

I would definitely not have capped the turn though, after the 3bet i would have called down expecting to lose.
And why is utg+2 coming to life on the river? Wouldn't be surprised if he had some crap hand containing a 7. I have a really hard time seeing you drag this pot.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 AM

Tons of action....

Like the preflop raise but the SB's 3-bet really slows me down... dont like the cap. Flop isnt extremely dangerous but with the number of players in I would raise on the flop and try and drive out as many as possible. Remember, its a large pot already so theres no need to slowplay until the turn.

Turn is ok with calling instead of capping a better choice IMO as it saves you a bet if you have infact run into AQ.

River is fine.

Overall not a bad hand.... have a feeling you may have run into AQ or A7s ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )
Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 AM

yikes.

Pre-flop is good since you're suited in a large field. I wouldn't cap with KQo.

I think I'd raise the flop, so you could call a 3-bet and fold the turn UI.

As it is, the turn is weird. For that matter, the river is weird too.

This hand keeps puzzling me more and more as I look at it. Is there a different aggressor on EVERY SINGLE STREET??

Goodness.

What's your read on MP1? I don't mind the cap since his 3-bet came out of nowhere, but I sense that someone does have you beat...

But the river call is mandatory, of course.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yikes.

As it is, the turn is weird. For that matter, the river is weird too.

This hand keeps puzzling me more and more as I look at it. Is there a different aggressor on EVERY SINGLE STREET??

Goodness.

What's your read on MP1? I don't mind the cap since his 3-bet came out of nowhere, but I sense that someone does have you beat...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this 3-bet out of nowhere. This guy usually has a straight/set, but at least two pair. The fact he didn't raise the river makes me lean towards a straight, or conterfeited two pair. The river man either has a 7, or is making a horrible bluff.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I figured this isn't too interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't like that line, cuz I figured I wouldn't know where I was, and I may have odds to draw to 2pair and/or trips.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I thought either his 3-bet had us crushed or it was BS. I raised hoping to knock out BB &amp; UTG+2, forcing them to call two more.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yeah
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Preflop: You have a great multiway hand in a huge pot in the best position. Cap that [censored]!

Flop: You have a huge pot, a good but vulnerable hand, and only one person you can face with cold-calling 2 bets. Call with the intention of raising the turn.

Turn: A relatively harmless card so you raise. Good. Now a player who has been passive suddenly call-3bets! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! The vast majority of the time this is a set or straight that didn't want to knock anyone out of the hand (in this hand it's possible the guy turned a flush draw and is making a very good play). The other two players in the hand have already put in 2 bets (one at a time) so it's very very unlikely either will fold for 2 more. Call, don't cap.

River: It's one bet, closing the action. I don't think you're good even 1 in 50 times, but I'd still call because folding the winner here would cost me more in the long run (i.e. I'd break something if I folded the winner)

So I give you an A+ preflop, A on the flop, B on the turn, A on the river.

NH.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: You have a great multiway hand in a huge pot in the best position. Cap that [censored]!

Flop: You have a huge pot, a good but vulnerable hand, and only one person you can face with cold-calling 2 bets. Call with the intention of raising the turn.

Turn: A relatively harmless card so you raise. Good. Now a player who has been passive suddenly call-3bets! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! The vast majority of the time this is a set or straight that didn't want to knock anyone out of the hand (in this hand it's possible the guy turned a flush draw and is making a very good play). The other two players in the hand have already put in 2 bets (one at a time) so it's very very unlikely either will fold for 2 more. Call, don't cap.

River: It's one bet, closing the action. I don't think you're good even 1 in 50 times, but I'd still call because folding the winner here would cost me more in the long run (i.e. I'd break something if I folded the winner)

So I give you an A+ preflop, A on the flop, B on the turn, A on the river.

NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

ack... I really disklike not raising the flop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 12:05 PM

I hate both the preflop and the turn caps.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:07 PM

Great pre-flop cap and one staright out of SSHE.

Nice wait to raise the turn; there is nthin you can do on the flop to protect your hand.

Nice follow-through with the turn raise. The turn cap makes no sense as you are now likely behind. It is possible that MP1 is getting frisky with a turned flush draw but I would assume you are behind here and start thinking about showing down cheaply unless you improve.

River. You have to call given the huge pot odds. That 7 could possibly have helped you. If you were behind to a straight or set (that now filled up) it doesn't matter. But that 7 may have counterfeited two crappy 2 pair hands (Q6 or T6). Plus, everyone else might have missed a big draw. Yu are very often toast but I think you can call with your Quuens Up getting like 32:1.