Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: New Dell Computer - Video Card BLOWS Thoughts?

Hello AZK,

I just found this pic, which I hope is the control buttons you have on your monitor. These buttons look really quite small on the photos I have seen, towards the right of the bottom edge of the screen.

Try connecting the DVI cord, and pushing the button labeled "source" - I have circled it below.

Hopefully this works - I know my Dell monitor won't automatically detect the digital input, I have to push the button.

Regarding the skipping windows, does it do this for all program windows, even "My Computer" if you try and drag them about? Or are some windows silky smooth, while others jump about in an unsightly manner?

If it's all of them, it is possible the driver software is not correctly loaded for your video card - WinXP default drivers can behave like this with some cards, maybe Dell forgot to install these?

Please post if you have any more clues - I hope you get it working soon.

dave.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:31 PM

Dave,

You are the MAN. Did exactly what you said and it worked. Thank you very much.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:23 PM

Cool, glad you got it sorted. I am happy to help when I can.

Are both problems sorted - DVI signal & laggy windows, or just one?

dave.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:29 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
monitors have input settings just like televisions and receivers. most of them require that you press a button to select a different one

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
monitors have input settings just like televisions and receivers. most of them require that you press a button to select a different one

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that one, quickly scanning through the thread. I guess I was distracted by the refresh rate question, else I may never have posted. Good job I did miss it i suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think my gfx driver suggestion was new, though.

BTW astroglide, I only occasionally check this forum, and post when I think I can help - in the last few weeks you have been providing many accurate responses to countless posts - good job, I can't comprehend how you find the time for it - much respect.

dave.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:06 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

oh i was just giving AZK a friendly poke in the ribs there, not bagging on you for the extreme detail. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM

my bad astro...totally glanced over that comment...it helps when I have a picture and red circles pointing "HERE PRESS THIS" when it comes to computers. The funniest part about all this is that my dad is a software engineer and has brought me up with computers since I was 5. Ironic that I don't know dick about computers, he would be rolling his eyes at me.

Appreciate all the help in the thread.