Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Changing IP address

I have 4 different computers running on the same network via a cable-modem, and id like to change the IP address on 3 of them (so all 4 have a different IP address). is this complicated/doable?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Changing IP address

I don't think that's possible... You'd need 4 different internet connections. Your ISP gives you only 1 I.P. per account...
Old 11-13-2005, 10:20 PM

I've no idea about the US (or other countries), but here in the UK, most ISPs will be happy to sell you either 1 static IP address (as you seem to have here), or the next step up, a block of 8 IP addresses.

With my ISP, they charge £2 / month for 1 static IP, £5 / month for 8 IP addresses. Call your ISP, see what they offer. Consider switching if this is important to you. With my (UK) ISP, static IP address services are only available on business broadband services - for residential services, it is a single dynamic IP address only - upgrade to business class if you want static IPs.

good luck,

dave.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4 different computers running on the same network via a cable-modem, and id like to change the IP address on 3 of them (so all 4 have a different IP address). is this complicated/doable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are obviously doing this to collude in poker, you should be shot and this thread should be deleted.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:10 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Since you are obviously doing this to collude in poker, you should be shot and this thread should be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

good spot
Old 11-14-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. While this is certainly possible, there are other reasons to have multiple IP's that don't relate to poker.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, maestro. completely, utterly, dead wrong.

surely wouldnt post collusion-related questions on 2+2 under the screen name i play with online...
Old 11-14-2005, 01:02 PM

PM me with your valid reasons for needing this that aren't collusion related if you want an answer here. Until then i'm going to lock this just in case.

stabn
Closed Thread