Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: PT #s since dropping down to 30-60 last week . .

Something is not right here -- I'll try to fix tomorrow, it's late and I need sleep.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:31 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: now that we\'ve had some time, whats a solid WR for the Party 30/60?

pretty sure this whole thread belongs in the micro forum, though this might not be advanced enough for that. the only thing we're missing is someone posting his stats after 500 hands and asking if his 8 bb/100 winrate is sustainable, and a request for everyone to point out his leaks to explain why he isn't winning at 10.

I'm starting a campaign to split MHS. one forum will be called "sub-micro quality MHS posts for retards" and barron will just take all shitty threads from here or completely standard posts or tx open limping on the button with JJ for deception or amulet folding KQs on the button after 4 limpers because someone might be limp-reraising KK and put them in that forum

seriously, this forum has so much potential to be great but there's so much [censored] it's just unbearable. the thought of all the great thinkers who came and went through here because the quality is so low, makes me sick. I'd pay a sick amount of money just to be able to read a half decent MHS board.

I'm glad it's finally moderated so at least the utter [censored] gets removed. I wish barron were more of an elitist because some on topic posts are just so far below the level of any break-even or better middle limit player that they should just get removed.

just felt like ranting
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: now that we\'ve had some time, whats a solid WR for the Party 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
just felt like ranting

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you did.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:29 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just felt like ranting

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can always tell when I have a test the next day. my post count per day looks like:

and my posts get really long winded and repetitive because I haven't slept for something stupid like 40 hours, and I'm not a fan of speed or coke, and adderall doesn't do much for me, so I end up all cracked out from living off caffeine and cup o noodles
Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 AM

i'm gonna hug you in vegas. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just felt like ranting

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can always tell when I have a test the next day. my post count per day looks like:

and my posts get really long winded and repetitive because I haven't slept for something stupid like 40 hours, and I'm not a fan of speed or coke, and adderall doesn't do much for me, so I end up all cracked out from living off caffeine and cup o noodles

[/ QUOTE ]

This post on the other hand is very high in quality. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Maybe new good posters could really give a rip about your lack of drug use and caffine habits so that's why they leave.

I would guess more people leave this forum due to the elitist whining (which ultimately wrecks threads some did find interest in, or they wouldn't have responded) than due to bad threads.

If you don't think calculating a win rate is of any value why enter the thread? It's pretty clearly marked what is going to be here.

It's pretty obvious it's NOT that simple or there would not be so much disagreement on:
1) How many hands does it take to calc a win rate
2) How accurate can that calc get
3) How to measure 'other' factors

If someone makes a post asking a question that is beneath you then don't read anymore threads started by that person (and don't take their opinions seriously)

This is the Mid-High stakes forum, NOT the players who have over 500K hands, or 10,000+ posts forum.
Posters who play in Mid-Limit games (and who don't necessarily have 1M hands played) should be allowed to post here (as long as this discussion board remains public).
Now if you want to define what Mid-High Stakes is FINE. I think most players would consider 15/30 in that range. (Though maybe not the elite here).

P.S. It's not that hard to set up private discussion boards where you could pick and choose which posters from this board you want to allow in.
Then you could ramble all day about the different types of Cups O' noodles, and apparently as a result become an even greater poker player.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 AM

I don't see how me bumping a shitty thread that I had made a post in 5 minutes prior would cause people to leave.

I never said it's not worth looking into winrates. I said it's sub-micro stuff. all you need is some HS level math and common sense and you can realize that comparing samples over 25k hands is stupid and pointless. this whole premise of the thread is just retarded. the only redeming post is GoT's, which was great, but then it went back downhill. I'm apparently not alone considering all the sarcastic replies.

having a certain number of posts or hands played is not a prerequisite for posting. common sense , however, should be. people like Tx destroy the quality of the board by lacking any common sense. I don't see how that's being elitist. there are also others who make stupid posts for a month then disappear because they obviously went broke. no way to weed them out though.

it was a rant. I wasn't being entirely serious, but there's a reason that people like Clark, Gabe, Diablo, and astro don't post much poker advice anymore, and I think it goes beyond them not wanting to share their knowledge. I don't know how much and for how long you've lurked, but in the past there has been absolute gold posted here, and the frequency of those threads has gone down significantly. maybe I'm just mad because I wasn't playing these games until recently and missed the best days here.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm also in aggreement with people that say you can generally get good information from small hand databases, like 30k sounds about right. in NL 30k hand database is pretty golden, in LHE maybe not but it still has a lot of of info

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bruiser -- you're right, but NL has lower variance, so you need fewer hands to get the same amount of statistical power in your analysis.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 PM

thank you for saying that about variance- i wanted someone here to confirm what i've said for so long, limit has so much more variance than NL.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:55 PM

brightens post in this thread may be one of my favorite things to look at when im running bad and may be the most helpful post ive ever read. its also given me a reason to post in mid high for once. thanks dude.

rj