Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Beginner looking for NL mentor, will pay % of profits

Hola everyone,

I am looking for a mentor to help me out. I am starting in full ring NL micros. I already have poker tracker and other necessary tools. I have also read a few of the suggested books.

I am looking for a mentor to help guide me in terms of reviewing my PT stats and discussing strategies.

I will pay a portion of my profits as seen from poker tracker. I have been going at the rate of a few thousand hands a day so far.

Note that I will only pay if the mentor helps me gain a profit. If there is no profit, there is no pay.

I have found that i NEED one on one coaching.

I am looking for a mentor proficient with NL strategies, small stacks through full stacks, and has been +EV over at least 50k hands at low limits.

EDIT: I'm playing $25NL and $50NL on party. Again, I play several thousand hands a day. My bankroll is $500+. I would like to start out with GSIH short stack strategy for a few weeks.

Please PM and I'll get to you.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Beginner looking for NL mentor, will pay % of profits

How low of stakes are you talking?? .01/.02, or like .10/.25? What type of bankroll do you have to work with?

I'd potentially be interested.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:45 PM

I'd suggest just using this forum to post relevant hands. There is more than 1 way to play every hand. More opinions will help you immensely. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help if I can.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:22 AM

You need to find somebody who loves teaching (there are some people who will do it for sheer joy of teaching not $$$) because for most people who are good at NL its just not worth their time. (Becaues most good players who moved up beyond SSNL earn 150$+/hour .)
Another solution is to post many many hands here. In SSNL forum there are many good players who will be more than happy to help you. You will also see some retarded responses which will help you understand how your opponents think [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Simply this forum rules for your purposes.

Best wishes