Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Dannenmann\'s gift to Hellmuth at TOC

I don't remember seeing this in the Cardplayer report of the event and haven't seen it mentioned here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker...ory?id=2219654

Steve Dannenmann had his own prank in store for Hellmuth. Knowing that the telecast will air on Christmas Eve, Dannenmann presented Hellmuth with a colorfully wrapped holiday gift. Hellmuth was shocked. Encouraged to open the gift by the audience, Hellmuth unwrapped his box like a 4-year-old and pulled out a doll resembling a donkey. The audience roared. Even Hellmuth cracked a smile. Ironically, the jovial spirit which characterized the Hellmuth-Dannenmann relationship early would become increasingly poisonous from that moment forward.

-----
That is going to be great to see on TV!!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Dannenmann\'s gift to Hellmuth at TOC

it WAS in cardplayer and someone posted here too....
Old 11-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Typical Hellmuth

Quote from Hellmuth in the article:

"I played so great. But, so what? It doesn't mean anything. The American public doesn't understand how unlucky I got. I had Hoyt stealing my blinds over and over and just when I have a chance to bust him (with A-Q), he wakes up with Aces. I mean, how unlucky is that?"

"...But I could not overcome the bad luck...I never had my chips all-in at any point, except late. I played perfect poker. Great poker is not moving all-in every time. The public doesn't understand that."

Does this guy's story ever change? Maybe Hellmuth should start playing chess instead.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Typical Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]

"I played so great. But, so what? It doesn't mean anything. The American public doesn't understand how unlucky I got. I had Hoyt stealing my blinds over and over and just when I have a chance to bust him (with A-Q), he wakes up with Aces. I mean, how unlucky is that?"

"...But I could not overcome the bad luck...I never had my chips all-in at any point, except late. I played perfect poker. Great poker is not moving all-in every time. The public doesn't understand that."

Does this guy's story ever change? Maybe Hellmuth should start playing chess instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

alot of truth in that whether you hate him or not ....

how many braclets or titles do you have under your belt ??

poser
Old 11-13-2005, 11:44 PM

Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 AM

I cant wait to see this. Its going to be the single best show ever...EVER!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alot of truth in that whether you hate him or not ....

poser

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why you defent Hellmuth. This guy is right. He always gripes about luck. Why is he a professional poker player if he can't accept a luck factor? It is a big weakness in his game and talking about it on this forum is a great way to be mindful of it, which can help your own game.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Shut up.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 AM

Hellmuth is most definitely a cry baby, but most of what he says is dead on accurate. Hoyt is an excellent player, but has gotten very lucky vs Phil on several occasions.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd whine about the hypermodern patsys with their 1. G3 and bemoan the novices who bring their queen out too early.

In the words of Nimzovich:
"Why must I lose to such an idiot?!"