Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 3: Playing with the crazy LAG

Villain behind me was stupid and aggressive. He was giving away his money as fast as he could by raising junk hands and firing them all the way to the end. I limped 3rd with the intent of limp-reraising. But then I started to draw bad, but kept chasing. Was I right to chase this all the way to the end? Was the river check-raise too much?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (14.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (9.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (13.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (17.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (29.30 BB)
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 3: Playing with the crazy LAG

Especially with two Aces and a Trey out, I would only call on third. Calling fourth is OK since the pot is big and your call closes the action. Once you pick up your draw on fifth, you're in for the duration. Ordinarily, jamming the river would be over-optimistic, but if this guy is really a maniac, I think it's OK.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 3: Playing with the crazy LAG

i agree with andy - your hand does not warrant as much raising as you did on 3rd - but it's less of an error than normal because of the big multiway action .. given your reads and the size of the pot, I like all other decisions - check raising the river is usually a delicate choice because you often make more by betting out and reraising if somebody is strong - often players who showed a lot of strength get shy on the river when they had a made low + str8 draw and did not improve. However the presence of maniacs makes a c/r fine because you know you'll get a least 2 bets in 99% of the time, and often four.