Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Default missed value or allright?

Villian is pretty passive, I haven't seen him raise preflop yet. No PT stats.

Missed value or allright?

Hero has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

Preflop: UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, Villian raises, all fold, Hero calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian raises, Hero caps.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets, Hero...

Thoughts?

cheers
Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: missed value or allright?

I'd probably stick one more raise in on the river. I'm not worried about the flush after the turn action. I'm expecting to see him turn over Q9 pretty often here -- if he has a bigger set...oh well.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:54 PM

raise/call a 3bet. Q9 no good.

is he really going to c/r the flop like that with QQ? yeah maybe but I'm throwing another bet in.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 PM

Hi Cancuk,

It depends on the opponent. His flop c/raise clearly looks like it is for protection. He clearly doesn't just have the club draw when he 3 bets the turn so what hand range do we have him with here (if he is a passive player)

99,Q9,AQ,QQ seems reasonable. I don't mind a raise but I would hate to be 3 bet. I just call.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

99,Q9,AQ,QQ seems reasonable. I don't mind a raise but I would hate to be 3 bet. I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are ahead of 18 and behind 6. discount QQ a bit because even really passive players will raise that sometimes. now consider how difficult it will be for this guy to three bet with a flush staring him in the face.

I would hate to be 3bet too but that doesn't make raising wrong; depends on how often it happens, doesn't it??
Old 11-30-2005, 05:11 PM

This betting pattern suggests a weak made hand on the flop that really liked the six: 66, Q6, 96. Of course we have no real read so it's entirely possible that he always had a good hand.

Being wrong means being 3-bet so you are giving 2-1 by raising here. 3-betting the turn is pushing two pair pretty hard and now he is back for more despite the scary-looking ace of flushes. I call.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 PM

I would raise the river and call the 3-bet. His check-raise on the flop sounds a lot like 2-pair. I don't see how pocket queens would not raise preflop. Pocket nines are the only other hand that you are behind. I also don't see the 6 on the turn as changing anything - you should be ahead here as well. If the river ace helped him it is only because he badly misplayed a flush draw, or he limped PF with aces. If he has trips then you might not be facing a 3 bet. If he has 2-pair then he likely will call your raise. If he made his flush then you have to pay to see it. Overall, I think that 2-pair makes the most sense and he will pay you off enough to justify the raise.

Dave