Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Folding Jacks

I just folded JJ at a 10 player table (a sit-n-go tournament) under the gun after a raise and a reraise. Blinds were 10-20 and the raiser raised to 150, the re-raiser to 400. I folded my 10 chips with JJ. Is this a good or bad fold? FYI: the raiser folded so I never saw the hands.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Folding Jacks

what buy in? what chip counts? any notes on the other 2? i'm guessing you were the SB?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:30 PM

Probably a good fold - except that if you're at the lower limits - you might've had the best...but its one of those spots - where you play it safe and fold anyways.... Though I'd pay extra close attn to the reraiser to see what he showsdown later.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:31 PM

Kinda need a lil more info, but I couldnt see myself calling with JJ in that situation, for the most part that is
Old 11-26-2005, 04:06 PM

I would fold jacks here as well. Still very early on in the sng with blinds only at 10/20 and there is no need to essentially play for your entire stack this early on with a hand that could easily be beat here.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:03 PM

The reraiser should have a higher pair, which means you have something like one chance in six of winning. You'd have a better chance with suited connectors. Even if the players are loose, and say one has AKs and the other QTs, you're about one chance in three to win, so there's no EV. There's not much to win here, and a lot to lose. I'd fold.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:09 PM

an $11 qualifier to a $15,000 guaranteed. very early in tournament, i was up from 1500 starting to about 1700. other two had around 1500. no notes because tourny was in early stages. i was small blind
Old 11-27-2005, 01:07 AM

You are a favorite against AK, AQ etc. but if the first raiser calls, even if your are against AK and TT, you are only going to win about 45% of the time. This is a good one to lay down. Why blow your tournament on less than a coin flip?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]