Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-13-2005, 03:58 PM

Default $11 poorly played KK?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB (t1590)
BB (t395)
UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t755)
Hero (t1375)
MP3 (t770)
CO (t770)
Button (t760)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t65</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t65, SB calls t55, BB raised t395 [allin], Hero calls t330, Button calls t330, SB calls t330.

Flop: (t1197.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets t365 [allin], SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1197.50

OK, I have a feeling this may be 101 level stuff, but is my call of the BBs all in ok or should I always be shoving myself here? My thought was that it's likely two or three of the other players have an Ace, making it more likely I won't see one on the flop - therefor I'd like one of these other guys to throw another 300 chips in.

Anyone call the button's bet after we've both shown weakness in case he's bluffing, getting 3-1? Turns out he had AJs, but I'd have caught a K on the turn. Wish he'd slow played [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: $11 poorly played KK?

Just push pf when it comes back to you. Calling is dumb here.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:00 PM

I would have pushed after the shorter stack went allin... but after you just called I think it is an easy laydown after the flop
Old 11-13-2005, 04:13 PM

When you get KK, the first order of business is usually to try and build a big pot. Your PF raise was fine. You got called by two players and the BB pushed. Now the pot is big. Mission accomplished. Your objective should now switch to taking this big pot down. This is best accomplished by pushing and hoping the others fold which leaves you and the BB battling for this pot with the extra dead money in there as a bonus. And if the others do call your push they are making a big mistake. That's how you beat these fishies. Put them to a decision and they usually make the wrong one. IF you push here and they call and spike an A thats ok. You made the correct play and they made the mistake. That's what will make you money. As you played it though, now you are forced to fold KK in this huge pot which you may or may not be making the correct decision. Just stay out of this type of situation to begin with by pushing your good hands as far as you can.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:31 PM

Thanks all - follow up, how about AA? Same push, or try to let another call too?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Push AA here too.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push AA here too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you get KK, the first order of business is usually to try and build a big pot. Your PF raise was fine. You got called by two players and the BB pushed. Now the pot is big. Mission accomplished. Your objective should now switch to taking this big pot down. This is best accomplished by pushing and hoping the others fold which leaves you and the BB battling for this pot with the extra dead money in there as a bonus. And if the others do call your push they are making a big mistake. That's how you beat these fishies. Put them to a decision and they usually make the wrong one. IF you push here and they call and spike an A thats ok. You made the correct play and they made the mistake. That's what will make you money. As you played it though, now you are forced to fold KK in this huge pot which you may or may not be making the correct decision. Just stay out of this type of situation to begin with by pushing your good hands as far as you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice!