Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
OrcaDK,

I’ve given the current version a swing and explored all of the functions, which appear to work fine except for some monitor issues, which now seem a little different then I described previously.

Laptop 1400x1050
2nd 1280 x 1024

Now, the second monitor is recognized, and if I use auto position, the tables will be organized on both monitors. However, the program misidentifies the dividing point between monitors. It thinks that the division is 1” from the right edge of my laptop (my 2nd monitor is to the right of the laptop). So, a table which should start at the left edge of the 2nd monitor, instead starts 1” from the right edge of my laptop and extends onto the 2nd monitor. I think the reason I didn’t see it this way last time, was b/c my 2nd monitor was on the left side of my laptop and your program didn’t see that. Instead, it ignored that monitor. Regardless, V2 doesn’t properly identify the right side of my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and see if i can come up with something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I really like options for key control! I am playing while typing, although, I just “C”hecked my QQ on the xxx flop. I seem to get more security checks when using keys instead of AHK, that moves the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is the reason i provided the "Require shift" possibility [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you also get security checks with AHK, or don't you get them at all with AHK?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possibly happening when you change the preferences while already running? If not, i'll see if i can fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possibly happening when you change the preferences while already running? If not, i'll see if i can fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I was changing preferences while running. I'll try it again.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like options for key control! I am playing while typing, although, I just “C”hecked my QQ on the xxx flop. I seem to get more security checks when using keys instead of AHK, that moves the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That really is the reason i provided the "Require shift" possibility [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
point taken. I switched to arrows. the many choices you give us is great.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you also get security checks with AHK, or don't you get them at all with AHK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get them with the mouse and AHK also. But I think I get more when not moving the cursor. Small sample size (with MTH keys) and haven't done a chi-square, so bottom line is, I am not sure.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:09 PM

What really annoys me is that the table that triggered the check gets disconnected/my hand is seen as all in... Other than that, using the keyboard is SO much easier on my carpal tunnel hands!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What really annoys me is that the table that triggered the check gets disconnected/my hand is seen as all in... Other than that, using the keyboard is SO much easier on my carpal tunnel hands!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand, is MTH causing disconnects for ya? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 04:33 PM

Default SnG User Request

Fantastic Program. Honestly this program is incredibly valuable to me. Two requests that would be great for the SnG users:

1.) Allow the auto-locate non-active screens function to put all non-active screens into one of the 4 corners rather than auto-locate them to the 3 vacant corners (i.e. user could choose which corner ALL of the non-active screens would go to).

2.) Create a function that would automatically close the table when a SnG is completed.

3.) Create a function that would automatically open a new table and buyin to a new SnG as soon as one completes (i.e. continuously keep 8, 12, etc. tables running by selecting new open seats in a selected buyin range).

I have no idea how difficult items 2. and 3. would be as I'm a tech dummy, but I would guess they would be tough.

Your program is super.

thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: SnG User Request

[ QUOTE ]

1.) Allow the auto-locate non-active screens function to put all non-active screens into one of the 4 corners rather than auto-locate them to the 3 vacant corners (i.e. user could choose which corner ALL of the non-active screens would go to).

2.) Create a function that would automatically close the table when a SnG is completed.

3.) Create a function that would automatically open a new table and buyin to a new SnG as soon as one completes (i.e. continuously keep 8, 12, etc. tables running by selecting new open seats in a selected buyin range).

[/ QUOTE ]

Those functions would be useful for cash games as well.

Any functions that allowed one to more easily enter and exit tables would be great. For example (as long as we are dreaming, here):

1.Joining tables: The prompt "your table xxxx is ready", is time consuming b/c you don't know which party skin it is from and a number of responses must follow. It would help to have an auto function that allowed those prompts to be answered "take seat". If the next screen states somthing that indicates you can't sit (that you already have 4 tables open, or are already sitting at the table), then an auto "remove me from the list" and "leave table" would be a dream (that is, a preferences setting rather than a command). Likewise, a keystroke command that resulted in both, "leave table" and "take me off the list" would also be useful.

If the MTH table list also included the name of the skin or the number of tables open at each skin, it would be helpful as well.

2.A key stroke Command to leave a focused table (i.e., that included the double-check prompt that you get when you try to leave). Even better, would be the ability to make the command at any point during your last orbit, such that after the last hand before the BB reaches you, you automatically leave the table.

These thigs are secondary, but once you get the program where you want it, they would make hyper-tabling a lot more efficient. And we are all about efficiency.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recommedation for a new feature for those who want to multi-table beyond their monitor capabilities: allow tables in which you are active after the flop (or through some manual identifier) to remain on top of other tables until the start of the next hand. The idea is to be able to follow the action in a subset of tables in which you are especially interested. I am currently 12-tabling on two monitors and the only way I can follow a specific table is to place all 12 tables on my 2nd monitor, have the focus on the primary monitor, and then drag a table of interest to the main monitor for the duration of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this form of tracking previously, and i've come to the conclusion that it's too dangerous to implement before i know MTH v2 is 100% stable. The reason being that the way things work results in the windows remaining their "topmost" state, even though MTH quits/crashes. That means if two of your tables were set to be topmost and MTH crashed, they would remain topmost, and you couldn't do anything about it other than closing/reopening the tables.

And trust me, it's mayhem when you're running 12-16 tables on a small monitor and two of the tables suddenly cover more than half your screen... I had it happen to me quite some times when i was still running my single 17" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this: You want to follow a table, so instead of it being returned to its original location AFTER focus, it is returned to a secondary location (that we can specify, adjacent to the focus location), BUT it does NOT stay in focus (which I think is the problem you were outlining above). In other words, using space, not focus, to follow a table. Then after the hand is completed the table would return to its normal storage location. Two-three such secondary locations would be the dream. You could stack all of your tables in the same corner and follow the tables of interest in the space created (i.e., secondary locations). You would be able to hyper-table effectively with only one or two monitors. I'm salivating...
Old 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM

I just want to say thank you for V1 and your efforts on V2. I am currently 16 tabling using your program, and I can't wait to try V2. Your program has been more beneficial to me than PokerTracker.

Thanks again.

P.S.
A thread in the internet forum by someone connected with Party makes it look Party is trying to have all the tables have names and not numbers.