Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Fold bottom set here?.....

My read on villain in this hand was that he was very good, I considered him the best player at the table. He was very tight/agg and had shown down good hands each time. I had 200 hands on him and he was 21/8....

Does anyone like this fold? If you don't fold, please tell me what you are putting him on to be reraising here. I didn't think there was anyway he limped with k/3 or k/2 and if he did he's not going to reraise it here I didn't think. Also he wouldnt be dumb enough to reraise KQ or KJ here and would def raise AK pf I thought. What do you guys think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

BB ($89.09)
UTG ($146.77)
MP ($270)
Hero ($109.80)
SB ($33.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB folds, BB calls $15, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $50</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. MP wins $85. </font>
Old 12-20-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Fold bottom set here?.....

Python,

Post in small stakes.
Raise to $20
Always pay off bigger sets.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 AM

Oh, I didn't know what was considered small or medium stakes, I usually play 200 or 400 nl but dropped to try and plug leaks.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Python,

Post all 200 here.

100 in small.

Continue to pay off over sets.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 AM

If you've never seen him make this move with Ad4d then this is a clear fold. Generally I want to see this move (on somebody else) before I'll suspect he's taking advantage of his image. If he's on your right you'll have better opportunities to get his money. Does he see you as weak-tiet?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:47 AM

On a rainbow board I'd feel a lot less bad about folding here.

But your read on him seems pretty specific that he's only reraising you with 33, so I don't know why you bothered posting.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read on villain in this hand was that he was very good

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok so, good hands are K's, AK, KQ, KJ?, AQ,AJ, Axs?, mid pair etc 3's?(guess limping is a good play). All of the above except mid pair and 3's are raising hands. He didn't raise, maybe he doesn't raise AK or KJ I don't know, if he has K's and didn't raise on the flop I'd be surprised. If I had top pair with this flop I'd bet because the 23 would make a straight possible. Anyhow, ad5d makes you a 67% favorite that's probably the worst hand you're up against a5o is a 83% underdog, against a set I think he slow plays. I'd call and I'd go all in here, or reraise, get the money in the pot so he can't change his mind if his card doesn't hit. Seems like everyone in this forum wants to folds sets, at least wait until a flush or straight is on the board before folding and even then try to check-call it down.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:13 AM

his hands are basically 33 or draws, of which there are several: A4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 45[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Ax[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He may also take your PF limp as a weak K, and is betting with KQ, but that is very doubtful.

However, with at least 4-5 combinations of cards that would fit that betting behaviour, and only 1 of them beats you, I would favor staying in the hand.

Personally, seeing as you have position. I would call and re-evaluate on a non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn. If a diamond comes, your decision is easy, and you save half your stack. If a non-diamond comes, you're in the same position, but with only 1 card to come. (In which case I'd take the oppotunity to push, and take my 80%+ chance with any holding other than 33)
Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, seeing as you have position. I would call and re-evaluate on a non- turn. If a diamond comes, your decision is easy, and you save half your stack. If a non-diamond comes, you're in the same position, but with only 1 card to come. (In which case I'd take the oppotunity to push, and take my 80%+ chance with any holding other than 33)

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, if he's on a diamond draw and he sees a non diamond he will fold vs going in gives him a chance, it may save him half his stack.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:46 AM

But we don't know what he's on yet, so isn't it in our best interests to keep the pot as low as possible until we can figure that out?

Not telling, I'm asking.