Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 12-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Are you being ripped of on your rakeback deal?

let me give an example.

say you played 50 hands HU with an average rake of $1/hand.
you also played 50 hands 6-handed with an average rake of $2.50/hand.

PT way:

($2.5 * 50 + $1 * 50) total rake / 4 APH = $43.75

you contributed $43.75.

accurate way:

$50 / 2 = $25
$2.5 * 50 / 6 = $20.83
25 + 20.83 = $45.83

you contributed $45.83.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 PM

The thing is that poker tracker rounds down the numbers, rbcalc calculates the exact number.

And if you try loading 100Mb worth of logfiles in PT it takes several minutes, rbcalc is much much faster.

But I am not sure how much off PT is compared to rbcalc, I have not had the time to test the differances.

But if someone could check with some large logfiles and show the diff I would appritiate it.

PS. currently tournament games will mess upp the statistics, according to one feedback I got.

It should not though, since tournaments is not raked?

I appritiate all feedback.

cheers
Old 12-18-2005, 03:22 PM

my PT numbers are short of actual rakeback numbers by a ratio of 5:6 pretty much every month.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 PM

yea, if you use the numbers that PT displays (avrage players per table) to calculate the RB you will come somewhat short, because PT rounds down those numbers. And because it's a bad way to calculate it, bound to get it wrong.
rbcalc does it the same way, but instead of stacking the total number of players then dividing them by the total number of games, to get a number like 7.352546252352352, then just chop of the decimals....
It calculates the exact rake for each hand, then stack all the rake together.

Though you can calculate it correct if you make your own sql script I recon, or ripp someone elses. Check the pokertracker forum, or just use rbcalc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 AM

I've had two problems with using this program.

1) When I put in my user handle it tells me that the name was not found in any raked hands even though im sure i'm typing it right.

2) Party poker hand histories are deleted from your computer after a while, so hands from days in the beginning of the month that I had are not on my computer anymore except the ones in poker tracker.

Is there anyway I can take them from PT and run with this program? Also, is poker grapher's rake calculator more accurate? It appears to be so.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 AM

Oh yea, I don't know what some of you are talking about when saying loading hands into PT only takes a few seconds/minutes... i've had it take up to 30-45 mins and my computer is 2.4 ghz with 1gig ram.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway I can take them from PT and run with this program? Also, is poker grapher's rake calculator more accurate? It appears to be so.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT has an option that lets you recreate the hand histories, its Utilities: Export Hand Histories to File. And you can do it by date.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:53 AM

Yes, PT is verry slow, hence one of the reasons for this tool.

I will make rbcalc work with both the pure logfiles (for those without PT) and the PT databases. I an working on it right now and the plan is to release the implemented graph engine and PT-database version before newyears.

As for the absolute poker hand history files, I still need some example logfiles to work with, so anyone... feel free to post a link.

I will take a look at the prima network logfiles later in january.

but now, it's time to sleep, nite!