Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Vegas Trip need advice

I've never been to Vegas. I've never really had the desire. However, the girlfriend wants to go during her Spring break from med school.

I'm looking for ideas on the best place to stay. My priorities are:
1) Value (don't need it to be as cheap as possible, just don't want to pay more than what the experience is worth)
2) Needs access to something to entertain the lady friend. A nice spa or anything
3) Access to good poker (stakes 3/6 - 15/30 limit or small stakes NL)

Looking to stay for about a week. Would like to keep the total expenses under 3k
Old 12-14-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip need advice

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been to Vegas. I've never really had the desire. However, the girlfriend wants to go during her Spring break from med school.

I'm looking for ideas on the best place to stay. My priorities are:
1) Value (don't need it to be as cheap as possible, just don't want to pay more than what the experience is worth)
2) Needs access to something to entertain the lady friend. A nice spa or anything
3) Access to good poker (stakes 3/6 - 15/30 limit or small stakes NL)

Looking to stay for about a week. Would like to keep the total expenses under 3k

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Palms would cover all three of these...
Old 12-14-2005, 11:11 PM

You might consider MGM or Mandalay Bay.

I prefer the poker room at MGM, and there is a lot of other stuff to do there (Studio 54 for example).

The poker room at Mandalay is not as good, but I have heard that the spa there is very nice. I don't know about the MGM spa, but pretty much every hotel in Vegas has a spa these days.

You should be able to spend a week at either property for around $3k including nice meals and entertainment.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 PM

bellagio poker rate
Old 12-15-2005, 01:25 AM

best overall value is at the Orleans: many low and mid limit games, good restaurant choices at reasonable prices, two tourneys a day, large bowling alley, large multiplex theater, arena for big events and a concert hall, fair poker comps and poker room rates, good rooms, small workout room and spa, free shuttle to the Gold Coast/Rio/Palms and to the strip, decent pool

otherwise i agree that anywhere you can get a good deal on the strip will be fine but you will pay 2 to 3 times as much for rooms and food: mirage, bellagio, mgm, mandalay, wynn
Old 12-15-2005, 08:32 AM

For a woman and spa it's hard to beat Paris. You can get the AAA discount which is 10% off the advertised rate. It's got a small poker room where you can play 3/6, but is right across the street from Poker Mecca, I mean Belagio.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from Poker Mecca, I mean Commerce.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 12-15-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might consider MGM or Mandalay Bay.

I prefer the poker room at MGM, and there is a lot of other stuff to do there (Studio 54 for example).

The poker room at Mandalay is not as good, but I have heard that the spa there is very nice. I don't know about the MGM spa, but pretty much every hotel in Vegas has a spa these days.

You should be able to spend a week at either property for around $3k including nice meals and entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

The spa at the MGM rocks. Very high end & pretty $$$, but a great experience.