Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: First Time in Vegas...

for cheap blackjack ($2), loose slots (97% payback), and super fast drinks... hit up The Klondike! very small place right past mandalay bay on your left while going south, youll get drunk quick, and its double deck. not to mention the $1 roullete with 10c inside bets
Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 PM

I would give the 8-16 at Wynn a shot. They use $2 chips for that one. The quality of the game varies so if you see what looks to be local rocks at the table try something else. If it looks like mostly tourists give it a shot and it can be very profitable.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:35 PM

4/8 at MGM is great for fishiness and free drinks. they have a few good bottles of beer (Sam, Newcastle), and they come frequently.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 PM

I was in a similar situation as you a while ago, and had great fun many times at the 1-3 spead limit game at the excalibur. If you are interested in having a good time and lots of free drinks, it would be my number 1 choice.
However if you want to play serious poker then it'd have to rank pretty far down the list
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM

You might want to consider playing 2/4 LHE at the Flamingo for the free drinks. The service there is pretty fast.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:15 PM

I concur - Mirage is a rock garden. Nice room, but I won't play the 8/16 there again. Belagio or Wynn would be better choices based on what I have heard. Have also heard that that MGM 4/8 is good! If you are looking for a nice classy environment they're the spots to go. If you're just looking for a fun low limit game on the strip with no line-up try the Flamingo. Ceasar's should finally be open and might be worth a look.?!

Sahara tournament is a re-buy tournament and yes the escalation schedule really jams you particularly because it is rebuy. It's one of the places where all the cheap local wanna-bees play as well. Someone said the Palms has a good tournament. Good luck!