Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Best Vegas Steak Dinner

Morton's is good. I ate there this summer and enjoyed it. I will also throw my support behind Lawry's. Good prime rib, good creamed corn, good yorkshire pudding.

Last week I had a filet at Red Square in Mandalay Bay. Decent but too small. I guess most filets are like that. Best part was it was on someone elses tab.

I still have N9NE, The Steakhouse at Circus Circus, and Craftsteak on my list of places to go. Maybe I will hit one of those in January.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Benihana at like the Hilton or whatever is pretty good. I'm pretty sure a fat guy who loves to eat could find the meal most delicious (as well as skinny punks who hate eating).

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? We ate at both this place and at TI's steakhouse. Benihana is your average run of the mill habachi steakhouse. TI had an incredible seafood cocktail. The seabass which was a special that evening was, well, quite frankly I have had better in Columbus Ohio. As far as the steaks go, I remember Raptor saying that steaks are better in Texas.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 PM

i'm hitting up Smith & Wollensky tomorrow night and I'm concerned it hasn't been mentioned yet. Anyone have recommendations abotu this place?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 PM

I know Lawrys is a chain but generally I'm not a big fan of them like Mortons, because from place to place they can be so different.

Hell. I'm not a fan of Ruth Christ steakhouse and once had a $1700 dinner there.

I look for a nice place thats an unexpected place to expect a great steak.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm hitting up Smith & Wollensky tomorrow night and I'm concerned it hasn't been mentioned yet. Anyone have recommendations abotu this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to S&W in Vegas a few months ago and it was terrible. I was there as part of a group dinner in a private room where they were serving 25 or so people at the same time from a semi-preset menu, so perhaps this is not the same experience as going there as a regular diner. But our experience pretty much sucked.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to S&W in Vegas a few months ago and it was terrible. I was there as part of a group dinner in a private room where they were serving 25 or so people at the same time from a semi-preset menu, so perhaps this is not the same experience as going there as a regular diner. But our experience pretty much sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fuk. Well, we're stuck w/ it at this point, hopefully it'll be better from the real menu/service. Will drink heavily in advance for good measure
Old 11-23-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you mean the tropicana and not circus circus, or were you referring to a different post?

You cant beat Texas beef. You just can't. We breed the best cattle in this country.

Bob's Steak and Chop House- the highest rated steak house in the country. Dallas & Plano.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't overly impressed with the steak at Bob's.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fuk. Well, we're stuck w/ it at this point, hopefully it'll be better from the real menu/service. Will drink heavily in advance for good measure

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to S&W in NYC for a regular dinner and it was just fine.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:29 PM

"Nine" - the steakhouse at the Palms - has a very good reputation....I went the other night, it was good (not AMAZING).....the place is real trendy/modern and the lobster, shrimp, calimari and porterhouse were all pretty quality....
Old 11-24-2005, 12:32 AM

Yeah, I have liked the lobster bisque there and the little piece of ahi. I don't think the steaks are the best tho. Very good, yes, but I only go if I can't get a reservation at delmonico