FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Jerry Remy 24 25.81%
Dan Dierdorf 69 74.19%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
This may have already been suggested or you may have already incorporated but I like to keep mining while playing, the only problem is if I have my mine program to mine tables with 8 or more players and the table i am playing on goes to 7 the table tries to shut down. I hit cancel on the popup but it continues to popup then once my table goes back to 8 or more players it gets minimized and I have to to figure out which table I was on. Hope this makes sense. Anyway would it be possible to make it so that any tables you are playing on while mining would not be reduced or effected when the number of players goes below your set mining parameters?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is key - being able to mine while playing is huge. please no closing/minimizing of tables that you sit down at.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is key - being able to mine while playing is huge. please no closing/minimizing of tables that you sit down at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you loud and clear...I'll keep you guys updated
Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 PM

Newb here, what is the PM website?

Also, I bet you are all asked this a lot, but is it worth it to purchase PM and use it if you only play 5/10 SH occasionally? Does it make a big difference?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 03:24 AM

dude,

i can't wait to see what you have come up with!

...and i'll also add that mining while playing would be the [censored].

cheers,
sean
Old 11-23-2005, 10:40 AM

The app is coming along nicely, mining while playing was a little tricky but I think I have it under control.

Someone tell me some stuff about sng mining...if a table with empty seats opens and the tournament hasn’t started, is that table guaranteed to start eventually when 10 players sit down, or does it ever fail and kick the players off for whatever reason. Do they ever start tournamentss without a full 10 players or what...

so far I’m happy with the progress I’ll keep you guys updated...keep posting if you think of more stuff you'd like to see included. Someone think of a name for this thing too...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:41 AM

Here's the thing about mining while you're playing (at least for me). In theory it sounds great, but even with 1Gig of RAM, my computer slows to a crawl when it's mining 50 tables...and sometimes weird things happen like I get "not responding...' errors in some windows.

Bottom line is that while mining while playing sounds cool, if it means that there's a risk of my computer starting to act up (esp. while i've got money down at the 50/100 game), then I'll pass. Perhaps an option that allows you to mine while playing or not would be good.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even with 1Gig of RAM, my computer slows to a crawl when it's mining 50 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I checked my page file usage after I'd been mining 75+ tables for a while and it was nearly 1.5 gigs. I have a gig of RAM too. Hopefully after I get the raptor replaced this will run a bit better though. Of course, I could mine 20 tables when I play instead of all of them...
Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line is that while mining while playing sounds cool, if it means that there's a risk of my computer starting to act up then I'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]I totally agree. Working on "mining while you play" at the same time you work on "pushing Party instances to the extreme" seems problematic.

Right now, I open Party under one of my mining-accounts on a different Windows Profile, and let it mine THERE while I play. Hell, what would happen to PAHud if I opened 50 windows. I shudder to think.
-Sam
Old 11-23-2005, 05:47 PM

A suggestion for those that like to mine and play simultaneously.

Create a separate directory for the poker client that you will use for mining. If you do this, the data files (.hhf for Party and former skins) that are created by the client used for mining will not be found by PAHUD and will therefor NOT cause PAHUD to perform a lot of wasted DB processing.

Just remember that when the poker site updates the client, you will need to ensure that the directory used for mining is also updated correctly.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 PM

Well the options are yours to make, if it slows down unacceptably then just choosing to mine less tables may be a good idea. However, if you want to mine 10 tables while you play 4-8 it should be able to handle that with minimal interruption.