Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 10-19-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Poker Buddy Open BETA

Very neat application that seems to be running well. Thanks for the work.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 PM

A couple of people have asked how our application works. In general terms we simply have servers that are scanning the lobbies for names of people playing and maintaining them in a database that we compare to your buddy lists. Nothing more.

As to the security concerns, the ultimate safeguard if you are truly concerned about a devious trojan associated with our application is to simply run it on a different computer than you are playing on. It doesn't even require that you be logged into a poker site for it to work.

FifthStreetDev
Old 10-19-2005, 09:15 PM

Just downloaded and it seems to be working just fine. Easy to add fish and track them down. ANOTHER USEFUL TOOL to add to my arsenal.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 AM

It seems that you store my buddy list on your server. Is that true? I would find it easier to maintain my buddy list if it were stored locally. You may consider storing it in both places and simply send the updates relative to my previous local copy to your server. That should be pretty easy to do. You should send this list in clear text format to prevent complaints of privacy violations.

One downside to your current method is that when a player changes his name, it is not updated on your server. Party automatically updates all buddy lists to reflect new screenames.

I would prefer to assign a numerical ranking of my own by which I could sort the list of online buddies. This way you would not be providing any of the data and are less likely to run afoul of Party (or other's) T&C's.

I'm sorry if these thought are somewhat random....but I'm not paid enough to be organized! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 PM

This sure is a neat way for the OP to make a massive buddy list at all limits on all those sites for his and his friends own use or in order to sell. And after they have enough 10-tablers poaching your favorite fishing holes, you will find the fish stocks depleted one day you cast your line. After a few months, you'll log on and not see any of your buddies online and wonder why. Then you'll find a few more buddies and the same thing will happen, but even faster.

This is a sucker play for lazy poker players.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 AM

I've been using it for crypto and stars. works great for crypto. Stars I find that the information is slow....
Old 10-22-2005, 10:46 AM

I'm experiencing program crashes regularily. Perhaps a resource leak somewhere. I'm running WinXP Pro all up to date with patches.

I do have PBuddy maxed out or very close to the limit of 500 buddies. Also, I've noticed that some of the buddies get the last character of their name dropped. I loaded almost all the entries from a file rather than individually. Also I think that when using the option to load from a file, PBuddy sometimes messes up and uses the category as the site name. IE... I use 'fish' as the category and the site should be Partypoker...but sometimes the entries appear as :fish:fish:screen_name when exported to a file.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:49 PM

I'm having mixed success. UltimateBet seems to be working fine for players playing (but not for players seated but sitting out.)

PokerStars isn't working for two players who I can see are currently playing. Same with Crypto.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I see how it works now, thanks and yes it is working. Looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this same feature was going to be in the next partymine....
Old 10-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Is this product still supported? E-mails and PMs to the developer have gone unanswered. It still seems to work for Party and UB but not Crypto and PokerStars.