Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 10-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Default PP client problem after XP pro install

I performed a clean install of XP pro on my machine; cleared and reformated the disk so not just an upgrade from Win 2k. The PP client sounds are not working properly in both ring and tourny tables. The dealing and chip sounds are mostly muffled and clipped but intermitently they will sound normal. It sounds kind of like a bad streaming audio with the sounds out of synch w/ the actions. Otherwise, tables seem to function OK. I have uninstalled the program several times and installed new downloads from the site, v1.2 build #87 10/07/05. I have checked the .wav files in the program and they seem OK and all other audio functions in XP seem OK. I would appreciate any ideas that anyone has about this problem.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: PP client problem after XP pro install

Hi

I am also running XP professional, but on VmWare which runs on Linux. Otherwise the PartyPoker poker windows are fine but when I start PokerTrack and start importing hands, I am not seeing bet/check/call/raise/fold buttons.

Today I had KK in my hand and the flop was KKx. PP client folded me because I could not see any buttons which I could have pressed.

Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the actions in PP client?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:00 AM

Your post gave me the idea that the Party/Skins table image file could be modified to have a permanent but non-intrusive outline of where the action buttons SHOULD appear. Perhaps clicking on this area would activate the desired function. I don't have a clue if this is reasonable, but it may be worth a try!

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 10-17-2005, 02:40 PM

Installing updated drivers from the motherboard mfg. fixed the sound problem. I have onboard sound so I guess the new audio driver worked.