Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Default 55: layin down AKo

Level:4 Blinds(50/100)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 4: ricoman10 ( $1990 )
Seat 5: blownmoney ( $440 )
Seat 10: splyushka ( $2330 )
Seat 2: HERO ( $2790 )
Seat 3: wthorp ( $1425 )
Seat 7: zzzDragonzzz ( $1025 )
Trny:17409878 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Ad Ks ]
ricoman10 folds.
blownmoney folds.
zzzDragonzzz folds.
splyushka calls [100].
HERO raises [300].
wthorp is all-In [1325]
splyushka folds.
HERO ???

the villain here has restolen a few pots...but he is putting his whole stack on the line here and i definitely dont need to give my chips away to aa or kings....i dont even need a race here....is this an easy fold????
Old 11-14-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 55: layin down AKo

[ QUOTE ]
the villain here has restolen a few pots...

[/ QUOTE ]

This part turns it into a call for me. There is too much money in the pot to fold to an underpair in the case that it's a race. Also it makes me think that it's (even more) unlikely that he has exactly AA or KK.

Added on that your stack is still healthy if you lose this, and you can pwn the bubble if you win it, it's a call for me.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and you can pwn the bubble if you win it, it's a call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does pwn stand for?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:00 PM

I think its an easy fold and I think it would be very presumptive to assume you are in a race here. The only hand I think you are ahead of that he does this with is AQ and most players won't do that.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its an easy fold and I think it would be very presumptive to assume you are in a race here. The only hand I think you are ahead of that he does this with is AQ and most players won't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be presumptive to assume you're in a race here? Villain has restolen many pots in the past, do you think this is the 1 time that he's actually got AA or KK? If he does, more power to him, but if not, then I'll take the race situation with the chip stacks and the dead money in the pot.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:20 PM

i folded because i wasnt getting 2-1 on my money(i dont think)....and i figure i could fold and still have a presence when stealing future blinds...i ended up winning this tourny beating that same guy....ironic..
Old 11-14-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever do that again. You have way too good pot odds to fold, folding is criminal in this spot.
No matter how good you are you wont be able to overcome the profit of calling in this spot.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded because i wasnt getting 2-1 on my money(i dont think)....and i figure i could fold and still have a presence when stealing future blinds...i ended up winning this tourny beating that same guy....ironic..

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need 2-1.

It isn't ironic.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:38 PM

But is it like rain on your wedding day, or when there's a thousand spoons and all you need is a knife.. blah blah..

Anyway, unlike the AK the other day, the difference here is if you call and lose, you're not out. Far from it in fact. Plus the fact this guy sounds like a douchebag. I would call this. The situations are very different.

Oh yeah. As well as this, your % to win required this time is 44.6% (quite a lot higher than the pot odds one actually, SP) - but AKo is this high against most PP holdings. His range has to still be TT+, AQ+ but in this case I don't mind to gamble just a little bit more. Plus, his range given your description, is almost certainly higher than this.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold here I seriously question if you're a winner at the $55's. Sorry to pile on the band wagon, but it's just a heads up that you are missing some very fundamental concepts.