Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Default What\'s going on here? STT

I think I misplayed this hand, but I'm not sure.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (30/60), Ante 5, Bring-In 10 (hand converter)

Seat 1: 700
Seat 2: 741
Seat 3: 771
Hero: 760
Seat 5: 529
Seat 6: 911
Seat 7: 951
Seat 8: 1,037

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.67 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double raises

5th Street - (6.83 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (12.83 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (15.83 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (15.83 BB)
Old 09-26-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: What\'s going on here? STT

4th is a fold.
If you're sticking around on 5th (which I think you have to now), I'd 3bet to try and get seat 5 out.
6th and river are ok.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:23 PM

Get outta dodge on 4th i'd say. Its hard to figure the J8 for a hand that he wouldn't slow play tho.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM

Fold 4th.
I can’t see 3-betting 5th. Just call and hope for the boat.
Unless the J8 is a maniac of course. Even then you should probably fold 4th.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:10 PM

What made you want to call a bet and a half on 4th? I realize your opponents may have been sub human, but you have a paired doorcard, and a raise of that.. Weigh all factors appropriately, and then make your decision. Don't think "The 6's are FOS, and the J8 is making a play." This is the best case scenario, and still not that great.

Roland would probably fold 3rd since he's not rolled up.

Beer$$
Old 09-26-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What made you want to call a bet and a half on 4th? I realize your opponents may have been sub human, but you have a paired doorcard, and a raise of that.. Weigh all factors appropriately, and then make your decision. Don't think "The 6's are FOS, and the J8 is making a play." This is the best case scenario, and still not that great.

Roland would probably fold 3rd since he's not rolled up.

Beer$$

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I called because it seems like such a cliche play for J8 if he has a pair of jacks. right? wouldn't he double raise to try to get me out of the pot?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I called because it seems like such a cliche play for J8 if he has a pair of jacks. right? wouldn't he double raise to try to get me out of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think Jacks up is the hand you're hoping he has.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think Jacks up is the hand you're hoping he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, am I getting the right odds to call?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:41 PM

Worst case you are up against 666 and JT98sf draw.

Personally I would just give it up.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:46 PM

If you folded every time against a scary paired door card.. you probably wouldn't be making much of a mistake.