Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Preflop Decision in 30 Rebuy

[ QUOTE ]
i like a push a lot better if villain has shown some willingness to raise pre-flop. i want to know that he's usually popping AJ / 88 here (or at least that he is with AK/QQ) before i'm pushing 14x.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has been making normal raises all tournamnet and has only shown a tendency to limp since we have been ITM. What range of hands would you put him on? What range of handfs would you play back at him here with? I think A2s is at the very bottom of this range but It is still playable IMO.

I just have a real hard time letting someone limp in twice in a row from Mid/late position and not punishing them with my suited ace in position.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure you're committed to the pot with a raise. If all hell breaks loose behind, it's an easy fold. Likewise, with A2 suited and position, decisions should be relatively straightforward on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, say you make it 8k, MP calls, and you have 26k in a 19k pot. the flop is Q97r with one of your suit. your action/plan if:

a) villain checks
b) villain leads out for 5k.

are these decisions "easy"?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Good point. The min-raise is to 4k though. Assuming the blinds fold:

a) Check.
b) Let it go or all in.

It may not turn out to be the best play but my point is that your 4k investment doesn't commit you to the 11k pot. I probably favour the limp though.