Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which accent?
Locust Valley Lockjaw (Thurston Howell of Gilligan's Island) 2 1.34%
Asian 0 0%
Latino 8 5.37%
German 4 2.68%
French 15 10.07%
Russian 16 10.74%
English 55 36.91%
Middle Eastern 1 0.67%
Italian 20 13.42%
Southern (U.S.) 18 12.08%
Canadian 10 6.71%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: (109) Bubble Fun with Raptor

I vote fold; but that assumes that bnaz's T945 is before posting BB
Old 11-13-2005, 08:53 PM

I guess it's better to explain a bit.

If pusher doesn't suck, he's pushing a wide range here. After all, neither of you want to bust 4th and here's a chance to get some chips without facing big stack.

If you fold and little stack folds: fack, I just wasted my AQ.

If you fold and little stack calls, well, if he doubles that sucks arse and I just as soon take my shot at doubling AQ against pushers wide range as have shorties random hand go against that wide range. Plus, this way you get a shot at first or second.

If pusher sucks enough, it's different.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If pusher doesn't suck, he's pushing a wide range here. After all, neither of you want to bust 4th and here's a chance to get some chips without facing big stack.

If you fold and little stack calls, well, if he doubles that sucks arse and I just as soon take my shot at doubling AQ against pushers wide range as have shorties random hand go against that wide range. Plus, this way you get a shot at first or second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good pusher's not pushing loosely here because BB calls very frequently here.

This may make this a better call though, as he's probably pushing any ace and we dominate most of those.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may make this a better call though, as he's probably pushing any ace and we dominate most of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's call it semantics. "Any ace" is starting to get pretty loose.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont consider any ace to be a loose push at all. it should be automatic to anyone. a good player will not be shoving a huge amount of hands from this button. if bb is good at ALL, he is calling with almost any 2. holla
Old 11-13-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont consider any ace to be a loose push at all. it should be automatic to anyone. a good player will not be shoving a huge amount of hands from this button. if bb is good at ALL, he is calling with almost any 2. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like it could be a very profitable situation and you may even be free-rolling. If bb calls, he's behind and you may be receiving lots of dead chips to bb's 3:1 call. Btn likely has ace-rag or small-mid pocket pair?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like it could be a very profitable situation and you may even be free-rolling. If bb calls, he's behind and you may be receiving lots of dead chips to bb's 3:1 call. Btn likely has ace-rag or small-mid pocket pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

yer joking right? what do you think the short stack bb is calling with here? MAYBE like JJ+ and AK if hes good. hes not just 'coming along for the ride' with all sorts of crap hands. hes gonna hope you bust so he can sneak. period. holla
Old 11-13-2005, 11:07 PM

the reason i hate a fold here is if the BB calls and doubles up, you're gonna be in a tough spot to make it ITM. based on your stack size i think you still have fight, and taking on a bigger stack with AQo is good enough IMO to do it with.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:19 PM

It's pretty close. I've played against BB and wouldn't count on him to either fold a huge range if you call or to call with a huge range if you fold.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Yes easy call but what was the outcome?