Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Default AK top 2 lots of action in a huge pot

UTG+2 42.86/16.67/0.61 basicly your typical donkey
MP3 & Button this is the first hand I've ever played with them so no reads

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (32.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 calls $4.50 (All-In), Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 34.30 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: AK top 2 lots of action in a huge pot

i dont like the preflop raise here on the button... checking does it does two things...
1) helps disguise your hand...
2) prevents this 17 bet pot from building...

the button likely has AK or the likes along with you... with this many players i'd likely check raise the flop when it came down... a little fancier than i like to play... but in my mind its the best way to protect your hand here... keep the pot small, and try and make it two from a late position raiser...
given the 17 bets in the pot on flop and turn he has odds with any five or three to hunt you down... ugly scenario
Old 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM

Preflop and flop are good IMO as button is going to have some random suited crap a ton with the call/raise line he took. The turn is kind of interesting as giving all the strength you've shown up until the turn 3-betting might be boardline spewing.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 PM

i didnt put button on suited crap based on turn action... pre flop could likely be building with any suited connectors... in hindsite i can't imagine him playing a draw that slowly on flop and capping it on turn...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:28 PM

Nice hand. The turn 3-bet is close, but with all those other players in there and since MP3 is almost all-in, I think it's fine.

Also, change seats.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:28 PM

If MP3 isn't at least tied with you on the turn, he's being kind of maniacal, but hopefully he's just intent on going all-in this hand.

On the river, I wonder if you should just lead in the hopes of at least recapturing $5.50 each from UTG+2 and Button in the likely event that MP3 has a set (or a straight with 53s).

Prior to that, though, I'd consider just calling down after MP3's turn raise.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:55 PM

I think you have to three bet that turn given the fact that MP3 couldn't really define their hand on the flop and they're short stacked.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the preflop raise here on the button... checking does it does two things...
1) helps disguise your hand...
2) prevents this 17 bet pot from building...

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, okay tommy angelo.

anywho, I like this hand. I am a little torn on the flop cap, I might try to wait for a non spade turn and look to CR it, but that may be a little fancy to be honest.

I think the Button is probably going nuts PF with J10s there for some reason, and the flop and turn play kinda work along those lines too. I'd think that a normal player at 5/10 would be raising AK on the button. Turn play is great because now if the button was getting funky with Axs and he had two pair on the flop, you now have the better two pair.

good stuff
Old 10-26-2005, 02:57 AM

Turn is close. I probably just call if the guy was not short stacked.

I think you should either bet or c/r the river so you get a full bet out of the other two jokers who have stuck around this long with hands you clearly beat.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:53 AM

Bet the river.

I was going to say raise the river once the button called, but you can't do that due to stack sizes, so just bet right out.

--Dave.