Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: KK vs. possible rock

[ QUOTE ]
If you think this guy is a rock, why go nuts on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the flop, with 35% chance of making the 2nd nut flush I think I easily have equity to cap. this is gone by the river.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop, with 35% chance of making the 2nd nut flush I think I easily have equity to cap. this is gone by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't think you have the equity it's that I think you may get him to fold a worse hand, especially if another heart comes.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:04 PM

I check behind. I think you only get called by a hand that beats you.

And, here's something I don't get. Most people are saying he'd reraise with AA/KK. Granted, we only have 60 hands on him, but if he's a TRUE 2% pfr, I don't see him REraising before the flop...well...ever. That is just unbelievably tight. That means that in the 60 hands OP has on him, he has raised before the flop--once.

I think there's an excellent chance you're looking at AA here. Probably with the A of hearts. If he doesn't happen to have 99. If he doesn't happen to have a flush.

Either that, or he's been card-dead for 60 hands and is tilting. I check and prepare to make a note.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 PM

(grunch 4)

Based on the read, you're looking at a flush or set. It's gotta be the set. I think he's getting weak/tight at the turn & river. I don't see a rock c/r the river. Based on his slowing down, I put him on a lower flush like Q-high. I would probably be checking behind him. I'd bet/fold or just check it down. It's a small pot. I think I'll take a free showdown.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think this guy is a rock, why go nuts on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we don't know for sure what he's got, so I don't think we do have equity. In retrospect, based on his turn & river play, it appears we did. If we play this exact same hand again with him, then we have equity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM

While 60 hands isn't a huge sample, I don't think a villain that plays 9% of his hands preflop has anything that would make a flush here.

The flop 3 bet tells me that villain likes his hand, so I'm guessing an overpair or 99. AA is less of a possibilty since even the biggest rocks know to three bet it.

So your losing to 99, TT, and an unlikely AA. You're beating JJ, QQ, and splitting with an unlikely KK. I don't feel like going through all the combos and the math, but I think you can bet this river.

Edit: I suppose there's a chance that villain plays A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K like this as well.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:28 PM

I may be weak, but I'd check behind. Ain't no way a flush/set is folding, I doubt TPTK will call, so no reason to spew.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be weak, but I'd check behind. Ain't no way a flush/set is folding, I doubt TPTK will call, so no reason to spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in! Rock folds his non-nut flush to river bet!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I don't think so. HU, no way is he folding a flush, nut or not. I would guess he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and was hoping to hit, if our hero bets the river he will fold A high anyway, so what's the value.

Not a bad time to get a read on a rock either.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I don't think so. HU, no way is he folding a flush, nut or not. I would guess he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and was hoping to hit, if our hero bets the river he will fold A high anyway, so what's the value.

Not a bad time to get a read on a rock either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make joke, eh! I know he's not folding a flush. But based on the play and read, I'm nearly convinced he's got 99 or the non-nut flush. Why would the rock slow down on the turn & river? The more I think about it, I'm glad we get the free showdown. I would be folding if he bet out on the river. What did he show?