Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 05:47 PM

Default a little KQ from the SB

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: eviljeff is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, eviljeff calls, BB checks.

actually didn't notice the poster. if I had I prob. would've raised. otherwise I think the complete is fine.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

seems like the perfect flop to c/r a bet from LP and protect my hand

eviljeff checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, folds, MP3 folds, eviljeff calls.

alright, HU time against an unknown. I could raise here for value, but I think I'll wait for the turn.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

hmm this could change things. checking here too FPS?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: a little KQ from the SB

Donktacular! If he's going to fold to a bet, he's going to check it through. If he does check it through, he'll fold to a bet on the river.

OTOH, he might decide that you're bluffing the scare card and raise you with his middle-PP or worse queen. Then you can call and check-raise the river.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: eviljeff is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, eviljeff calls, BB checks.

actually didn't notice the poster. if I had I prob. would've raised. otherwise I think the complete is fine.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

seems like the perfect flop to c/r a bet from LP and protect my hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this one all the time. Check-raising a flop with TP and a strong kicker when you have no idea who will bet it is FPS. If you had a weaker kicker, say Q7s, checking to see what happens is better.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:03 PM

I like preflop

I think we should be worried more about value here than protecting our hand. The pot is small and most weak draws will be calling incorrectly anyways. I personally lead the flop, as getting this check through really sucks, and MP3 is an unknown poster so who knows if he is going to bet. I also 3 bet the flop.

As played, I think a c/r is ok, though I personally bet b/c if he does have a queen we get more bets in and if his hand is weaker I think we likely get the same # in either way.