Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 11:15 PM

Default not a great river card

villain hasn't done anything interesting during the 15 or so hands I've played with him

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: eviljeff is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, MP calls, folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, MP calls, BB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
eviljeff ...

I'm thinking b/f &gt; c/c &gt; b/c &gt; c/f. word?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: not a great river card

Hmmm B/C &gt; B/F and there are no other options here so we won't include them because you NEED to bet this river. 9.5-1 with tptk on the river without a read is good enough for me.

-Mike
Old 10-30-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm B/C &gt; B/F and there are no other options here so we won't include them because you NEED to bet this river. 9.5-1 with tptk on the river without a read is good enough for me.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, against some i might fold, read dependent though.

PS, you no longer have to add on the -Mike manually.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:27 PM

This may be incorrect in that I have not played this limit at this site, but I think you can lay it down if you are raised. Low limit players very rarely raise the river without you beat with this scary of a board when you raised preflop from UTG and bet every street.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 PM

yeah you have to bet this river and i think that with top pair top kicker you probably can call a raise too. however, i haven't played 1/2 so maybe the opponents are tight enough to fold to a river raise. at short handed games though at 3/6 where i play i definately call this river raise from an unknown if nothing else to get a line on him.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 PM

You'll be good 1 in 9.5 times if raised, so I'd B/C. There are a lot of lunatics running around at 1/2, so don't make a habit of folding TPTK. C/C is giving up too much value, and you can't afford to play meekly in the short games.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:40 AM

bet.

on a related poker note, Pokeroom will eat your bankroll alive with the rake they take from their low limit games. You should only clear bonuses there and at their skins.

you can find this information in the "internet/bonuses" forum.