Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Hand from a 6-max table -- handreading.

Reads: Button will usually bet when checked to. BB is jason_t. We are playing slightly looser than normal but playing well postflop. Hint: I should have bet the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with XX.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (15 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 12-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Hand from a 6-max table -- handreading.

Qxc?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 PM

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
these for entity? i dont think so
Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Qxc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. It could be KQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but the sheer lack of combinations makes it less likely. I don't think it is getting 3-bet on the flop though so it is still a possible hand. Put more players in there and there is no way it could be Qx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I would guess KK with a lot of certainty. In fact, I'd lay 6:1 that it is KK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit - Jason has a busted flush draw and the other dude probably has some kind of missed draw though it is hard to say.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:33 PM

KQs, QJs, (QTs)

BB seems to have missed a flush draw. I do not think he had an ace. On the flop he wanted to represent the A, b/c he knew the other ppl holding a A would properbly have raised pre-flop (and he knows that you raises a lot of cards... hehe). Not very succesfull with this action, he slowed down on the turn and hoped for the flush on the river.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 PM

I am going with KQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but it feels a lot more like a pp.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Seems like QQ or KK to me. High clubs or an ace with a high kicker, I might expect Rob to 3-bet on the flop with the other players in there.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would guess KK with a lot of certainty. In fact, I'd lay 6:1 that it is KK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why?

I guess since I have no idea how these two players play, even though I read these forums all of the time, I wouldn't rule out A8/A8s or Q8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I don't know what the *hint* the poster gave really means, but I read it as one of two things: either the 8 helped, or more likely that Hero should be extracting value from missed flush draws that might call 1 bet with 1 pair.

I'm learning, so please be nice.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like QQ or KK to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why he checked the turn with QQ, if that were to check through it would have been terrible. And the river would have been auto-auto bet. KK seems like a possibility, where he is most likely behind on the flop with one of the two coldcallers having an ace. So if KK gets checked through on the turn it is not bad since you are already behind and maybe he can fold a weak ace with the turn c/r while punishing the flush draw. This is my reasoning right now, but I am on percocet and a little dizzy/not thinking straight so this could sound a little messed up right now