Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-26-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Stars VIP = Cash???

I was looking at the new FPP store on Stars, and while they offer a lot of nifty stuff, what I'd really like is some way to build the old 'roll. Does anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking about getting the buy-ins to the $500k, and keeping the T$, and selling those, but apparently those can't be redeemed for T$. so, does anybody have any ideas, besides hocking iPod nano's on ebay?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP = Cash???

They obviously will never offer a direct points-->cash system, because then every other prize becomes worthless, because everybody will just take the cash.

So I would not hold your breath for a direct points-->cash program or any sort of system in which you can beat the system and turn points into cash, because what is the point of having a 100,000 point prize if everybody is going to cash in their points once they reach 1,000 or 5,000 or whatever.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:18 AM

Concierge Service, order pure gold for all your FPPs (when you have loads obviously) and sell it off with minimal loss.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:19 AM

That's a good question: what is the point? I don't see how Stars is benefiting from the prizes, except maybe from people saving FPPs more, which seems like small potatoes to them, and fairly easily kept by putting the cash redeem at 50 or 100k points.

I suspect there's a legal issue somewhere.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a good question: what is the point? I don't see how Stars is benefiting from the prizes, except maybe from people saving FPPs more, which seems like small potatoes to them, and fairly easily kept by putting the cash redeem at 50 or 100k points.

I suspect there's a legal issue somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is by giving merchandise stars can buy at wholesale and sell at retail. Effectively your 15% rakeback might only cost stars 10%
Old 12-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Well they have gift certificates. That's about as close as you're get. Although it seems like a huge ripoff when compared to rakeback.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:36 PM

i'm thinking about taking the dell cards, scouting for smoking hot dell deals, and flipping on ebay...

thoughts?

there are people doing this on fatwallet all the time with cash
Old 12-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Here's an idea I have been working on: If you purchase the Dell gift certificate, then place an order and pay for part of your order with your Visa card, then return the order, you will get credited the full purchase amount on your Visa.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Concierge Service, order pure gold for all your FPPs (when you have loads obviously) and bury it in your backyard.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 12-26-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm thinking about taking the dell cards, scouting for smoking hot dell deals, and flipping on ebay...

thoughts?

there are people doing this on fatwallet all the time with cash

[/ QUOTE ]

That's likely the best way to deal with it, though I'm not sure how often the deals are just for Dell.