Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:34 AM

Default $11\'s QQ in BB L2 (good fold?)

Blinds were 15/30 I was in big blind w/ QQ. preflop it was raised to t125 w/ 2 callers. What should I do?

I have been trying to avoid losing w/ QQ and lower pocket pairs if I am fortunate enough to have position and see the pot raised /reraised and there are 2 or more callers

On the flop original bettor pushed, 2nd person folded, 3rd person called (flop was 3 low cards, rainbow I think)

Villain's hands in white below
<font color="white"> one had TT, the other JJ (winner w/ pair of jacks)</font>
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: $11\'s QQ in BB L2 (good fold?)

as a general rule, dont fold QQ pf at the 11s-with obvious exceptions. I would push here pf every time, although calling, flopping unders, then pushing would be ok
Old 08-24-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as a general rule, dont fold QQ pf at the 11s-with obvious exceptions. I would push here pf every time, although calling, flopping unders, then pushing would be ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Do others agree with this?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 AM

I usually don't push this pre-flop because I don't want to coin-flip for my stack in the early levels. (If this is bad, I hope someone will let us know?)

However, I'm definitely calling the pre-flop raise, and if the flop is all undercards, I'm pushing all-in, or possibly check-raising all-in if I'm sure someone will bet.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:52 AM

i would agree with not folding QQ here. I think alot times you will see a draw or TPTK on the flop. You are ahead in either spot. Sure you will run into the slow play KK or AA sometimes but it is still +EV the call or push the flop.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't push this pre-flop because I don't want to coin-flip for my stack in the early levels. (If this is bad, I hope someone will let us know?)

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation, I agree, its early, and if I have no real reads I may just call and see what the flop brings.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'm definitely calling the pre-flop raise, and if the flop is all undercards, I'm pushing all-in, or possibly check-raising all-in if I'm sure someone will bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would agree with not folding QQ here. I think alot times you will see a draw or TPTK on the flop. You are ahead in either spot. Sure you will run into the slow play KK or AA sometimes but it is still +EV the call or push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not discussing slowplays
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 AM

you dont want a coin flip? fair enough. but do you realize the 250 chips from the callers that probably have [censored],should add to your thought process a little more than it seems. regardless, this is the 11s. if you have alot of experience at these, then i think its very easy to go by the principle of very rarely folding QQ pf. this situation is not one of those rare occasions. the players are just too bad to put this initial raiser on KK, AA, or AK that often. look at what people raise with in your games and i think you will see this. that being said.... I push here EVERY time
Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're not discussing slowplays

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok then what are we discussing. It was stated that it was a low card flop. Then only worry then is a set or a draw unless a straight or flush is on the board.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:13 AM

There was a raise preflop