Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2005, 08:39 PM

Default How to deal with someone who PFR 100%. Cold Call?

I was at a game on the weekend and there was this guy who PFR every hand for four hours. He was the most aggressive player I've ever seen, also the loosest, because he always capped it if 3-bet, and always raised or folded, never called. He usually went to the river. Needless to say he lost around $700 or so playing $4-8 in that 4 hours. I was wondering if the way I dealt with him was the best. I have done a bit of reading on cold calling that it is not an optimum play in many situations, so I told myself that I would never do it. So every time I came in I three bet or completed my big blind. I once completed the BB with J9s. Too loose? Also I 3-bet with ATs. But overall I simply had to play only starting hands I would raise with, which led to even tighter play. Quite often we would get 3 or 4 to the flop. There was occasions where I lied to myself by limping and then simply called his raise so I could come in for the $8. As Cold calling does seem quite weak to me. Anyway, how would you deal with this maniac?