Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:52 AM

Default 40k Checkup and downswing analyzation

First of all I would like to thank you guys for all your help and advice I've received here. I believe I'm currently going through my first real downswing. I've posted some stats here and I would really appreciate any advice, criticisms, or any other help you could offer on my game.

First 10kish hands at 3/6

Last 5kish

Last 40k

Other Stats

I really don't think I'm playing any different, I normally 4-table and try to stick to good tables, and am not very prone to tilt.
I really felt like quitting the game for good the other day, but If I can play through this I figure I'll just be that much better when I get back to winning. Hope you guys can help get me back on track, or just tell me to quit being whiny and keep playing my game.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: 40k Checkup and downswing analyzation

You're running bad, but your blind play is not great. But anyway. Stats are nice and all, but at this point (looking over your last 40k winrates, etc.) you should seriously start questioning your 'standard' plays. I suspect you're doing a few things wrong postflop very consistently.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:15 AM

It's very unlikely that you suddenly became a losing player after 35k hands with > 2 BB/100, so you should assume it's variance doing what variance does. Pouring over your stats looking for small leaks probably won't help you at all.

When variance dishes out a downswing, it's all in your mind. You need to remember that the order of losses and wins doesn't matter. How you are doing right now doesn't matter, what matters is your average win rate.

You've experienced a lot more more losses than wins for the last 10k hands, so what? Keep playing your best and the wins will come and your results will take care of themselves. Downswings makes you doubt your abilities, but learn to rise above this.

Becoming indifferent to short term results is not an easy process, but keep working on it and you'll get better at it.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 AM

What is wrong with my blind play?
Here are some more stats on blind play, and position hope they can help.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:22 AM

2 very interesting things that I think I may be able to show (but will need your response):

1. run the following filter : chance to steal and raised
what is your bb/hand in that filter? (look in the white
line where your totals are)

2. turn filter off, then run another one : not a blind
what is your bb/hand here?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 AM

BB/Hand with filter (chance to steal and raised) is 0.64 <font color="green"> </font>
BB/Hand with filter (not a blind) is .06
Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 AM

.64 is very high and probably due to a small sample size. consider stealing more.

.06 is low. when you are not a blind you should make at least .07 if you want to be anywhere near 2bb/100. the differnece between .06 and .07 is about .75bb/100 (hope that makes sense). you have some postflop things to work on. this filter averages out around 15K hands.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 AM

your blind stats are not horrible and you could come close to 2bb/100 with them. but it takes around 50-75k hands for your blind numbers to average out so it is way too early to tell. so far so good. dont worry
Old 11-18-2005, 01:54 AM

you need to steal a LOT more. You will pick up a lot of money just wrecking people on their blinds.

You also need to protect your blinds more. Do some searches for blind protection.

You also need to be much more aggressive in general preflop.

You need to play more hands and raise more hands. Hovering around 14/8 will not get maximum profit. You need to isolate more and open raise more from mp2-mp3 on.

Obviously postflop play is very important, but you can't win if you don't see a hand. Also, being aggressive preflop will often make the post flop MUCH easier.

These are all just generalizations however and you really need to look at some posts for specific examples.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Can you pick up any leaks postflop?