Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: My WSOP satelitte theory

The big thing I think you're ignoring is that you can play the satellites for no cash outlay at certain sites. I don't really play tournaments ( though, I'm going to start giving them more thought) and I don't play much NL. But, pokerstars offers a lot of satellites where the buy-in is strictly paid using frequently player points. Since I'm not doing anything else with them, I may as well use them on the satellites.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:53 PM

You have to consider that your opponents are much more likely to sit on a 2-3x Ave stack in a Sat than in a real tournament. making it easier to accumulate if you steal blinds etc.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:22 AM

Which online sats does this happen in? Not my experience in the stars turbos at all.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:48 AM

Well how about this one... I'm relatively new to everything and tried out a $5.5 rebuy tourney and placed to get a $160 seat at the double S&G on P*. I unregistered b/c the start was later than I wanted.

Should I go ahead and enter for the chance at the WSOP seat or skip it and use the tourney dollars for regular MTTs and the like? Seems like the latter would be certainly be a sound idea, but the former would be more for fun I guess..

Edit -- It should be noted that my newbieness means that I'm not entirely sure if this is even possible...
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 AM

The money you win in WSOP sats ($W) can only be used towards WSOP tourneys (or WPT, or other special events), not regular ones. For normal tourneys (SNG, MTT) you need $T.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heh, what would you rather win, satellites or cash tourneys? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cash tourney that I won my way into via the satellite. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Well, there you go, guess I'll be going for the WSOP seat after all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to consider that your opponents are much more likely to sit on a 2-3x Ave stack in a Sat than in a real tournament. making it easier to accumulate if you steal blinds etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point, but what I find more often in the sats is that they are much more willing to pay off my big hands, while it seems harder to get paid off in the money tournaments.