Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Need pointers on more aggresive play...newb here...

[ QUOTE ]
There are successfull styles, but nothing can be told after only 8 tournies, as in, there may be absolutely no leaks in this guy's game. In essence, he could be the best player in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

If in 8 games he has made it to the bubble short stacked every time then there is something wrong with his game. If he had said he busted well before the bubble, had a big stack a couple of times during the bubble and had a shortstack a couple of times before the bubble then I would agree with you.

Always finding yourself shortstacked near the bubble usually indicates a leak in your game. Possibly that he isn't switching gears at the right time, he isn't getting maximum value for his hands earlier in the tournament, he isn't raising when he has position enough or that he is playing to weak tight...etc.

"The best player in the world" definitely wouldn't find himself shortstacked near the bubble consistently.

What is wrong with pointing out that a person has leaks in there game? Everyone has them, and as soon as we realize it, the sooner we can fix them and become better.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Well k let me clarify maybe this is or not shortstacked. But when I get to the final 100 I am usually hovering around the 40-60 places. So say there are 100 left I am like 48th or 59th at the time with about the average stack number. Is that shortstacked or not? Everytime though I have gone out of a tourney its because of a bad call in my part because of lack of patience or having not seen a good hand in a while. For example I had AJo in BB everyone folds to button who raise 3BB. If I call I might as well go all in because it will leave me crippled and he has me well covered. So I go all in thinking he is trying to steal my blind since the table has become extremely tight with everyone giving up their blinds. He calls shows QQ. I am out of there. So yeah thanks everyone for your tips and advice if you have anymore I am all ears.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:37 PM

You just sound a little shellshocked. Bad results from a decent analysis and play.

When I talk short-stacked, I am pretty much ignoring the average stack size in the tournament and my relative chip position. I am solely referring to stack in relation to the blinds (not of the players in the blind [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I ASSUME others are doing the same.