Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 05:03 AM

Default OT: Long time lurker, first time poster

First--- I want to thank all of you who post and genuinely respond with great strategy advice and provoking ideas. 2+2 has been an invaluable resource for me and I truly owe this forum for making me a winning player.

I first started playing SNGs, the 10+1s, in September of 2003 while still in grad school. Soon after starting, I went in search of resources to improve my game, and found myself a regular reader of the posts in this forum.

In January of 2004, I became a "professional"--- solely supporting myself while 4-tabling the 30+3s. And though my advance up the limits seems to be slower than many here, I now play all of the limits (depending on sobriety level-- I can still be found dinking around at the 10+1s late at night), but my "home"-- where i feel most comfortable-- is 8-tabling the 100+9s.

One of my screen names is "bad_egg", and it is likely that many of you have played against me before, though it's not an account that I use as regularly as my others.

I moved to Vegas in February, and spend a lot of hours at the Wynn's 2/5 NL game also.

Anyway-- thanks to everyone who has made this forum what it is, and I hope that I'll be able to contribute and give a little back from now on.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: OT: Long time lurker, first time poster

Wow, that's a lot of lurking. Welcome.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:14 AM

Thank you.

Yes--- it really is a lot of lurking considering that I spend at least a few hours a week skimming through the posts here (this is my first online message board experience), but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of other professional SNGers who lurk as well.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:57 AM

Welcome. I don't know how you got by without posting. If I didn't post here, I would be far from a winning player.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:54 AM

Giving back was partly my motivation for recently joining as well, also after much lurking. I found as you probably will that I learned more participating then I did by lurking.

Welcome!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:22 PM

I first posted here over 5 years ago but went to a lurking state for a few years until I rejoined earlier this year. I would not be very surprised if the majority of players are solely lurkers
Old 09-24-2005, 06:05 PM

guess that answers this question