Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 05:34 AM

Default My most interesting hand this week: KK vs. TAG

Button is a 6max TAG, [23/12/2] PT stats, he also recognizes me as such, so whether he tries to get tricky is a consideration.

BB is calling station.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>

What's your line from here? Discuss. Pot is 17 BB when it comes back to me.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: My most interesting hand this week: KK vs. TAG

Well he capped the turn with a pair on board. I think you're way behind here like 95% of the time to a full house or a 5. BB almost certainly has a flush draw right?

I'd check/call the river unless its a heart and BB wakes up which I'd then fold.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:36 AM

Check/calling the river seems pretty obvious. No way I'm betting out on the river.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well he capped the turn with a pair on board. I think you're way behind here like 95% of the time to a full house or a 5. BB almost certainly has a flush draw right?

I'd check/call the river unless its a heart and BB wakes up which I'd then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm behind 95% of the time, then it seems unprofitable to call down...

BB plays just about any two random cards, FWIW. His range &gt; just hearts.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:48 AM

I don't like the 3B on the turn. It looks to me the TAG has a set of 9s. After getting raised on turn, I'd just call the turn, and await developments.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 AM

Nothing else to do but check / call the river, paying one last bet to either see a (1) a suckout or (2) ridiculous bluff.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:00 AM

When you three bet preflop he may have put you on overcards. He might assume that you have no part of the flop or turn.

He may have initially been trying to steal the pot with T9s or J9s and now waited to the turn to raise. Not that likely I guess. Or maybe steal with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and now semi-bluffing his nut flush draw to your potential overcards or he may simply have a pocket pair (hopefully not 5's or 9's). If he recognizes you as aggressive, he may just be playing back at you.

Hmmm ... I'm really trying to justify calling it down.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:34 AM

I'm leading the river every time. If the BB springs to life I'm calling one back. If the button raises I migth just call. I think you see JJ-TT in this spot as much as you see 99, but his turn cap makes me a lil worried.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/calling the river seems pretty obvious. No way I'm betting out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are underestimating the # of times top pair or an overpair will cap this turn.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are underestimating the # of times top pair or an overpair will cap this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to fold to a river raise? I'm not, but I think it's probaby the right thing to do, which is why I'm not betting.