Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Value of multi-tabling ? (LONG)

I personally 4-table the Party 2/4 rooms and have found that I have the ability to keep up. If there are no distractions around me(people/tv/IM conversations) I never have trouble keeping up. If I start up a session by waitlisting 4 tables and one or two open up quickly, I find myself extremely bored folding hand after hand. I do notice however that I can't play as long 4-tabling as opposed to if I play 1 or 2 tables. I notice a severe donk-factor and bluff-factor increase once I pass the 2 hour mark. I feel I have excellent reads on players, if not better than a 1-tabler because I can watch my opponents actions on multiple tables. I have a 1600x1200 resolution with 0 overlap which is a must if you choose to 4 table. I also can't count the amount of times I've seen my opponent take a bad beat on one table, curse out an opponent and take his stack on another table shortly thereafter. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying 4-tabling is for everyone, but if you are typically quick with your decisions, I think it is a good choice. I also like to notice loose-aggressive players that are raising preflop significantly and reraise them with any two while giving them potodds to call and immediately firing out a 3/4 pot bet on the flop. I find this strategy extremely effective against the LAG players.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Multitabling makes it much harder to tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I beg to disagree with this statement. Its so much more easier to tilt when you are multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more tables I have open, the less likely I am to go on tilt. Of course, when I do tilt, it is far more expensive.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I played 'professionally' for 3-4 months last summer when I lost my job. At that time there was less multi-tabling around than I see now, and less players, but I was happy for the most part playing 2/4 full(ish) table, for 25-30hrs per week, clearing $2000 per week after allowing for bankroll growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF.
Why is nobody sniping this?

Lets see, one full table of 2/4, getting maybe 70 hands an hour, lets be generous and say 80/h. 30 hours a week, so, 2400 hands/week. Clearing $2k/w (plus bankroll growth to boot!) or 500BBs.

Lets see, that's 21 BB/100 hands (not factoring in bankroll growth.)

So, unless you meant 20/40 and were too lazy to include the zeros, I call shenanigans.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I played 'professionally' for 3-4 months last summer when I lost my job. At that time there was less multi-tabling around than I see now, and less players, but I was happy for the most part playing 2/4 full(ish) table, for 25-30hrs per week, clearing $2000 per week after allowing for bankroll growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF.
Why is nobody sniping this?

Lets see, one full table of 2/4, getting maybe 70 hands an hour, lets be generous and say 80/h. 30 hours a week, so, 2400 hands/week. Clearing $2k/w (plus bankroll growth to boot!) or 500BBs.

Lets see, that's 21 BB/100 hands (not factoring in bankroll growth.)

So, unless you meant 20/40 and were too lazy to include the zeros, I call shenanigans.

[/ QUOTE ]

"clearing $2000/wk" means he had one week where he got $2000, and the rest were about $-500 to $+1000
Old 09-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Seriously, for 99% of people multitabling is a learned skill. Very few people naturally 4 table. Anyone with training can play 3-6 tables effectively. Past that point there may be some limitations based on the individual, but please don't come here and tell me that people can't 4 table 97.0% as well you 1 table.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 2 tables only of NL2k on party. I believe its less stressful and the variance is also less. But then again I have been playing poker for only 6 months now . I have logged 20k hands since the party 2k tables started.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this happen?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM

i can play 20 tables at a time abc
8 tables with some basic reads
5 tables with my best reads
4 tables is probably my best BB/100
and less than that I tilt because of the lack of action, and my BB/100 probably falls
Old 09-20-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play 2 tables only of NL2k on party. I believe its less stressful and the variance is also less. But then again I have been playing poker for only 6 months now . I have logged 20k hands since the party 2k tables started.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

come again
Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can play 20 tables at a time abc
8 tables with some basic reads
5 tables with my best reads
4 tables is probably my best BB/100
and less than that I tilt because of the lack of action, and my BB/100 probably falls

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this. I used to 12-16 table the limit games fairly easily. Playing between 2 and 4 NL games I feel is the most efficient bb/100 for me as well. I can't even imagine playing 1 table, I'd probably have to do ALOT of other things in the meantime.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

come again

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just imprssive to me that someone who just picked up the game six months ago has been playing 2000NL tables for 20,000 hands. How did you build the bankroll and skill to do this so quickly?