Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: GG Steve Danneman

one thing about a guy like Steve - I bet he gets action when he gets a monster - weak tighties like me don't always do that cause we don't play enough hands to put up a loose image, so they know we got a big one.

RB
Old 10-27-2005, 10:11 PM

It wasn't so much that he called and bragged to his buddy about bluffing Howard, but it was the way he said it. "It looks like somebody shot his dog, he's lost a third his stack, I pop him for 30 with 68o." It was funny to watch him double Howard up soon afterwards and then hearing Norman Chad's commentary. "Where's your cell phone now? 'I just pushed in when Howard was a 6-1 favorite!'" Priceless [censored] right there.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't so much that he called and bragged to his MOM about bluffing Howard, but it was the way he said it. "It looks like somebody shot his dog, he's lost a third his stack, I pop him for 30 with 68o." It was funny to watch him double Howard up soon afterwards and then hearing Norman Chad's commentary. "Where's your cell phone now? 'I just pushed in when Howard was a 6-1 favorite!'" Priceless [censored] right there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, the story would have been much better if he had waited until he got home and was playing poker with his buddies at their regular friday night game. "This one time at the WSOP Howard Lederer raised first in....blah blah"

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, we all know that he has a much better story to tell his buddies: "Did I ever tell you about the time I won $4.2 million dollars?"

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is...?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:20 AM

I think hitting a home run off of Roger Clemens should be considered a much bigger accomplishment than bluffing Howard Lederer out of a small pot in the early stages of a poker tournament.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't so much that he called and bragged to his buddy about bluffing Howard, but it was the way he said it. "It looks like somebody shot his dog, he's lost a third his stack, I pop him for 30 with 68o." It was funny to watch him double Howard up soon afterwards and then hearing Norman Chad's commentary. "Where's your cell phone now? 'I just pushed in when Howard was a 6-1 favorite!'" Priceless [censored] right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly it. More than anything it was his tone.

The thing he left out of the phone call was actually the best part. It should have gone like this:

"It looks like somebody shot his dog, he's lost a third his stack. He bet the flop and before I popped him for 30 with 68o, I blurted out "re-raise" when I was just actually raising. Man I'm a douche. Anyway, he folded that one. I thought I was so cool that I tried the same thing again later, but he had Aces and totally owned me. Now don't get too far from the phone because I might be taking a dump later and I want to make sure to let you know how it goes. Okay, bye."

What a world class play.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"It looks like somebody shot his dog, he's lost a third his stack. He bet the flop and before I popped him for 30 with 68o, I blurted out "re-raise" when I was just actually raising. Man I'm a douche. Anyway, he folded that one. I thought I was so cool that I tried the same thing again later, but he had Aces and totally owned me. Now don't get too far from the phone because I might be taking a dump later and I want to make sure to let you know how it goes. Okay, bye."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some funny [censored]. LOL.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:13 AM

FWIW I think he was calling his business partner who put up half his stake. So it was more like an update than a brag post.

Also, who can blame him for being excited? Remember he was on his third bloody mary for the afternoon...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The fact that so many nits hate Dannenman makes me even more glad than he made 2nd. He is the quintessential marylander...go get 'em hon!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's just no way you can assume Sammy has AA, AQ, AT, or QQ here. If I remember correctly, Sammy limped in preflop and then called the raise, which would significantly discount the chances of AA and QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
You can eliminate AA, QQ, and AQ from his holdings in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I dont think Sammy plays AA, QQ, or AQ this way. I dont blame him for losing all his chips. "IF" and I know its a big if, he is trying to make a read of what holdings Sammy could have, and he makes a reasonable accessment that Sammy would not play AA, QQ, or AQ this way, his biggest concern is A10. Basically hes putting all his money in on the read that the only likely cards Sammy has that hes losing this hand to is A10. So some will lay this down on that brilliant read, but my guess is that most will not.

MDoranD
Old 10-28-2005, 11:59 AM

Sammy raised to 150, and got reraise to 450.