Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 04:09 PM

Default flop / turn decision

Absolute 2/4 5 handed

BB is not very good, donks a lot, calls alot.
Button is ok, he is loose pf but plays ok post flop. I have a note on him that he played his straight draw aggressively.

I open in the CO with A9o, cold called by button, BB calls.

flop: A5K two hearts

BB bets into me, I raise, Button 3 bets, we all call. (I wanted to cap so bad but I didn't, prolly should have)

turn: Q non heart

BB donks again, do you call or raise. Button is still to act. What hands do you put button on?

Anyone cap the flop?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: flop / turn decision

I don't cap the flop but I'm thinking that button could very well be on a draw but with his range of hands, could also have top pair or better.

I typed in to raise but now that I think about it I think a call is better. Your not going to get button out with a raise if he's on a draw and your just losing money if your beaten by BB or button. However, with the size of the pot (I think about 13 BB) you have to call. You have a good chance to win or tie. Unfortunately in the heat of battle I would've probably raised.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't cap the flop but I'm thinking that button could very well be on a draw but with his range of hands, could also have top pair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think button has top pair, if he does I doubt his kicker is better than mine, as he would probably have 3 bet pf. If you think he does have an A then you should want to raise as we probably have him outkicked.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 PM

fold. don't ask me why, i just think we're beat here by 2 pair.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 PM

I didn't say that I thought that he had TP. I said that I thought he could have a draw, TP, or better. In other words, he could have two hearts, an Ace, two pair, or trips. With BB betting into a 3bet on the flop I don't think putting in a raise on the turn is a good idea. I think right now we're looking at a probable split with BB at best. I'm saying call because of the size of the pot.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

who do you think I am behind, the donkey or the button. What do you think the button has, as I am more worried about him then the BB. What do you think BB has?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that I thought that he had TP. I said that I thought he could have a draw, TP, or better. In other words, he could have two hearts, an Ace, two pair, or trips. With BB betting into a 3bet on the flop I don't think putting in a raise on the turn is a good idea. I think right now we're looking at a probable split with BB at best. I'm saying call because of the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about the draw, he could be on a heart draw. I was just saying that top pair or two pair is unlikely. What two pair hands would he call 2 cold with pf?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:38 PM

It looks very much to me like button is on a flush draw (cold-called pf, raised for a free card...) and donkey just has an A or something. I'd be tempted to raise here, but I'm not sure how to handle a 3-bet -- so I probably just call.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks very much to me like button is on a flush draw (cold-called pf, raised for a free card...) and donkey just has an A or something. I'd be tempted to raise here, but I'm not sure how to handle a 3-bet -- so I probably just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly my thinking. Although I thought button may also have a set, which is why I called. I figured the cold calls pf, plus the 3bet flop, set or draw.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:15 PM

Default River

Absolute 2/4 5 handed

BB is not very good, donks a lot, calls alot.
Button is ok, he is loose pf but plays ok post flop. I have a note on him that he played his straight draw aggressively.

I open in the CO with A9o, cold called by button, BB calls.

flop: A5K two hearts

BB bets into me, I raise, Button 3 bets, we all call. (I wanted to cap so bad but I didn't, prolly should have)

turn: Q non heart

BB donks again, do you call or raise. I called and button called. Ok, so now I'm pretty sure button is on a heart draw.

River: 7 not a heart

now BB checks to me, I....