Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: You rate your top 10 NCAA Teams

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just so you realize, you asked me which games I thought ND would be favored/pick'em. This is very different from which teams I personally would put money on ND at various lines.

That being said, yes I'd take your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go up to $500 on this. Let me know what you can take. We can get a 3rd party to escrow it on Stars or something.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking my anti-ND posts are -EV now. That OSU-ND Fiesta Bowl is going to be silly profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your going to bet against Weis with time to prepare? wow some people really do hate money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to bet against Tressel in the Fiesta Bowl?

Remember a guy named Willingham who had a lucky run one year, and everyone thought was the best thing to happen to ND? Be prepared next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing about this is that you correctly ascribe Willingham's early wins to luck. Which games did Weis win this year because of luck?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking my anti-ND posts are -EV now. That OSU-ND Fiesta Bowl is going to be silly profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your going to bet against Weis with time to prepare? wow some people really do hate money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember a guy named Willingham who had a lucky run one year, and everyone thought was the best thing to happen to ND? Be prepared next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing about this is that you correctly ascribe Willingham's early wins to luck. Which games did Weis win this year because of luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan. Didn't Michigan fumble/turnover the ball inside the 1 twice in this game?

And I didn't say he won due to luck, just that he had a lucky season. Any idiot team could go 9-2 with that schedule.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:31 PM

why does everyone keep saying this bandwagon/willingham stuff. No ND fans that really watched that season felt good about where the team was at. It's a completely different feeling this year. I don't know why people simply write-off this team being like that one just because the seasons look similiar at first glance.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just so you realize, you asked me which games I thought ND would be favored/pick'em. This is very different from which teams I personally would put money on ND at various lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go up to $500 on this. Let me know what you can take. We can get a 3rd party to escrow it on Stars or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll work this out if it happens, I'd be in for half that.

Also, what are the chances this game happens? Does OSU get another fiesta bowl?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll work this out if it happens, I'd be in for half that.

Also, what are the chances this game happens? Does OSU get another fiesta bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of experts are picking the game to happen. Not sure how much that is worth. Word on the street is OSU fans are dying for a match against ND.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan. Didn't Michigan fumble/turnover the ball inside the 1 twice in this game?

And I didn't say he won due to luck, just that he had a lucky season. Any idiot team could go 9-2 with that schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could any idiot team take USC's best shot and only lose because of a flukey last couple of plays?

And as Clark said, ND controlled the entire Michigan game.

I agree that it's tough to gauge exactly where ND is at because of their recent schedule, but your bad-mouthing of Weis is mind-boggling. Do you really think he hasn't done a remarkable job this year? Or is it just that you are an OSU fan and therefore everything associated with ND is bad?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Could any idiot team take USC's best shot and only lose because of a flukey last couple of plays?

I agree that it's tough to gauge exactly where ND is at because of their recent schedule, but your bad-mouthing of Weis is mind-boggling. Do you really think he hasn't done a remarkable job this year? Or is it just that you are an OSU fan and therefore everything associated with ND is bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. My point about Weis is not that he has done a bad job. He's done a good job. But it really amazes me how fast people are willing to sell their farm for him. You'd think Irish fans would learn after this SAME hype with Willingham, who turned out to be one of the worst coaches in ND history. I'm just saying hes unproven at this point. If they turn out to be good next year and the year after, absolutely, he can be a great coach. I just think its too early to assign this majestic legacy to the guy.

I don't think theres a single coach you could tell after 11 games whether or not they'll be great or not. So far he hasn't done anything wrong, though.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. My point about Weis is not that he has done a bad job. He's done a good job. But it really amazes me how fast people are willing to sell their farm for him. You'd think Irish fans would learn after this SAME hype with Willingham, who turned out to be one of the worst coaches in ND history. I'm just saying hes unproven at this point. If they turn out to be good next year and the year after, absolutely, he can be a great coach. I just think its too early to assign this majestic legacy to the guy.

I don't think theres a single coach you could tell after 11 games whether or not they'll be great or not. So far he hasn't done anything wrong, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I would go on a Weis-is-much-better-than-Ty-because litany but I don't want to hijack the thread any further.
Here's hoping ND and OSU get a chance for bragging rights at the Fiesta. There's no team I'd rather see ND play, including SC and UT.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 PM

Everybody has Notre Dame rated so highly because they lost a close game on a bad call (albeit at home) to the team is at least a 4 point favorite against any of these other teams.