Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: \"O\" Cirque du Soleil

You are in for a treat. Best money I've ever spent for a show, anywhere.

Enjoy.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 PM

I easily get bored, fidgety and uncomfortable when watching movies, plays, shows, etc.

"O," I thought was awesome. So much going on, so much to look at, and good music. Highly rec'd.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 PM

Question for those who have gone there and seen it - is any seat in the house pretty much good? I'm looking into going in June, just curious how much of a difference it is depending where you sit.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:40 PM

If I remember correctly the place where the show takes place was built specifically for that show, therefore pretty much every seat in the house is a good one.

I went several years ago and we had some of the furthest away seats you could get, however it did not matter one bit.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly the place where the show takes place was built specifically for that show, therefore pretty much every seat in the house is a good one.

I went several years ago and we had some of the furthest away seats you could get, however it did not matter one bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks. I'm guessing front row in the balcony is better than back row on the floor, if it's anything like some of the theatre shows I've been to in Seattle.

I don't even know what the heck this O thing is, but everyone's raving about it, so I'm sure the wife and I will enjoy it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:12 PM

They give you a raincoat, which you'll need.

I sat in the second row the first time I was there and it's fantastic, but the second time I had worse seats and actually was able to take it all in better. But there are no bad seats.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:11 AM

I sat in the second row and thought it was fantastic. Poker room made my reservation. Any of you who stay at Bellagio through the poker room they will make show reservations for you and generally get you good seats.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 AM

cool stuff happens above you right at the start of the show... I'm not sure you'll be able to see it from the second row without looking behind you (sorry that's vague, trying not to spoil anything).
Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for those who have gone there and seen it - is any seat in the house pretty much good? I'm looking into going in June, just curious how much of a difference it is depending where you sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say ~10-15 rows back. You won't get wet, and you have a nice view of the whole stage. Obviously the middle is better than the sides. But I don't think any seat would be bad, as someone said, the theater was built for the show.

I saw it a couple years ago. Simply stunning. A++++. I can't wait to see another Cirque show.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it a couple years ago. Simply stunning. A++++. I can't wait to see another Cirque show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited now. I had a choice between last row of the 200 section of the floor, or front row of the balcony. I went with the balcony, for $25 less per ticket. I like the idea of not having anyone in front of us.

VEGAS BABY!!