Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

View Poll Results: Five-handed game. You raise in the CO with Qc 10h and the button three-bets. SB (donk) cold-calls. Y
Raise 30 20.69%
Call 37 25.52%
Fold 78 53.79%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Browns at MINN -4

I like MINN -4... Does anybody have a take on this game?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Browns at MINN -4

The Browns looked pretty impressive in their win over the Dolphins while Minnesota was a team of two different halfs in their win over GB. I think the key to this game will be the continued success of the running game that Minnesota showed in the 2nd half against GB.

Even though Minnesota's D is towards the bottom of the barrel as far as ranking go the run D has played very well over the last 3-4 weeks and the pass defense finally looked decent last nigth against GB as well. So I do not expect Reuben to be able to run all over the Vikings so that should help the Vikings.

Minnesota also plays well at home as they lost to TB @ home, but then beat the Saints, Packers, and Lions covering in all 3 games and have won 4 out of the last 5 and three in a row. That being said this the perfect game for Minny to come out and lose to Browns team, now that they are back to .500.

The Browns have played many opponents pretty tough this year, and over the last couple weeks Reuben has showed that he has potential to be a everydown back in the NFL.

This game will truly be won in the trenches as the cliche goes. Minnesota has been shotty as best in their run and pass blocking, Minny will need to protect Johnson and open up some lanes for Moore. If Cleveland can get some pressure on Johnson it will really throw off the Minnesota passing game and allowing Cleveland to key on the run which will slow Minny O down to a halt.

All in all if Reubeun runs for less then 85 yards the Vikings will win this game. If Reuben can control the sticks and the pace of the game it could be a long day for the Vikigns.

My Pick- Vikings continue to play well (@ home at least) and win this game by 7 points.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 PM

Minnesota = overrated
Cleveland = underrated

Browns +4
Old 11-23-2005, 03:27 PM

There is a phenomenon when it comes to ESPN. If a maligned team like Minnesota wins three in a row, they run story after story about how they have overcome this and that. Minnesota's winning streak is the flukiest win streak in a long time. They beat a miserable Green Bay team twice (who the Browns beat in Lambeau) and had one of the luckiest wins in the NFL this decade winning at New York. Just because they beat the Giants, they were clearly the worse team in that game. I think there is value in Cleveland +4 here. Although the Browns have not been good on the road this year and that concerns me.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM

But there is a trend on this game i've been following the last 5 years that didnt cover only 1 time. I really like MINN to be my FARM game of the week.