Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-10-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: $22 bubble trouble

slashpot I thank you for the link I will read it and learn it if it helps me win better. I am here to learn and please be careful that my English is not g00t. I am sometime the more eager here and if I put all words in a dictionary I will forget what I was doing the writing about! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:58 AM

I'd recommend that you play the $11s until you understand how to play shorthanded in sngs. Not taking a shot at you, just that's it's pretty damn important. I can't see how you'd be profitable if you wouldn't push K8 there, so maybe keep the stakes low while your learning.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:24 AM

It's very rare to find an opponent who this push isn't profitable against. Certainly with the way you've described him, he's not one of those opponents. I would definitely push here.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:24 AM

why didnt u say right away that he had aq? I mean, who pushes into monsters of their own free will? Cmon man, get a grip, stop the tilting.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend that you play the $11s until you understand how to play shorthanded in sngs. Not taking a shot at you, just that's it's pretty damn important. I can't see how you'd be profitable if you wouldn't push K8 there, so maybe keep the stakes low while your learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had played many of the $10 games but I won a lot of money with them so I moved to the $20 game were I am now and I am still winning. I like to get in money position first then I may gambel with some not good hands but not too often because the bad guy will call.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:53 PM

About the only situation I wouldn't push here would be if I could count on the chip leader to move in on the on the other 2 pre-flop when they were SB, BB. If he had folded to them a couple of times pre-flop I push, push, push.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Easiest push ever.

OK, there are easier ones, but this is basically tied with a lot of other ones as very super easy.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:15 PM

"I like to get in money position first then I may gambel"

The idea is to set yourself up for first, and you do this BEFORE you make it in the money. Being able to play well 4-6 handed is very important in sngs.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very rare to find an opponent who this push isn't profitable against. Certainly with the way you've described him, he's not one of those opponents. I would definitely push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this push mathematically unexploitable? There is no opponent this isn't profitable against.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this push mathematically unexploitable? There is no opponent this isn't profitable against.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not profitable against an opponent who will call with any 2 cards. Do the ICM calc if you don't have SNGPT.