Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: $22 a,10 early out of BB

The minraise there seems fairly donkish on his part, but I still think it has more to do with you being the blind rather than any kind of trickyness on his part. He's raising AQ/AK/QQ/AA pf, might have 33 or A3 or AJ.. . and that's all you're worried abot.

Do you really want to play for your whole stack with AT, early and out of position?

A reraise seems to me like one of those "wanting to know where you're at" raises when villain has already told you something about it. What are you going to raise to? Any significant flop reraise puts a ton of your stack at risk in a spot where you really don't want to risk it. You don't yet know whether he's a donk that will pay you off with just a weak ace, so I think your goal is to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

If you reraise on the flop and he calls, what do you do on the turn? And he won't be folding to your reraise because he just raised you, so are you risking your stack with a ten for kicker?

I think you have the same problem if you lead the turn. When he calls do you valuebet the river? Do you fold to a turn raise?

I play this hand wanting to get to showdown cheap.

maybe someone better than me thinks differently?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: $22 a,10 early out of BB

You got paid off about the most you would anyway, and made him keep betting with an inferior hand. But at the same time you can never rate to be ahead by enough to raise yourself. It's a good line, and well played. I'd play it the same FWIW.