Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: WMD

Is this a joke?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Why does the Right post facts and the Left post innuendo and falla

[ QUOTE ]
I've found the exact opposite in the Vietnam thread.

I find particular posters post facts, not sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

That technically wouldn't be the exact opposite. The exact opposite would be that you've noticed that liberals are the ones who only post facts.

I know what you mean though, just felt like i'd point that out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Good post.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:53 PM

The first sentence indeed supports liberal using more references in the Vietnam thread.

However, in a more general sense it is based on posters not sides no matter what the topic is.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first sentence indeed supports liberal using more references in the Vietnam thread.

However, in a more general sense it is based on posters not sides no matter what the topic is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your second sentence was the one that was contradictory. By adding "However, in a more general sense" you made it clear what you believe. Sorry to be such a stickler, but it can be confusing to figure out what people mean if there is ambiguity in their text.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:38 PM

Well whatever, I don't proofread this stuff its mostly train of thought.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-500 tons (1 million pounds) of yellow cake uranium. Found at Saddam's nuclear weapons facility.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. Iraq has large natural reserves of yellowcake uranium. It had yellowcake uranium mines, monitored by UNSCOM. So that it "had" yellowcake uranium is neither a surprise nor evidence against it.
B. Noone suggests it had the technology to convert yellowcake uranium into weapons grade uranium. Indeed, yallowcake uranium is pretty much useless as far as making a nulear bomb goes.

"1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium found at Saddam's nuclear weapons facility. "

Tell us more. The ISG reported that all nuclear weapons research had been completely shut down years before.

"Two dozen artillery shells (found) loaded with Sarin and mustard gas. "

Loaded with expired sarin and mustard gas, and shells that even the team sent by the Bush adminsitration to look for WMDs admitted were misplaced, unknown to the regime and useless.

It's honestly pathetic how some will try to pretend that real WMD or active WMD programmes were found; give it up for goodness sake. At least the arguments about how it was all justified under UN resolutions even if he didn't actually have WMD, though wrong, don't make you look like delusional children.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In nearly all these arguments, particularly the Vietnam thread, the Right posts facts with multiple link references, and the Left posts unprovable theories by Michael Moore and other pundits?

Why is this?

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably because you have this prejudgment and see things the right posts as facts...when they generally arent. and things that the left post as fallacies...which they generally arent. if you "think" about things, you could gain a unique perpective on individual issues as opposed to deciding that conservative=facts and liberal=lies.

rj
Old 09-25-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Just when you thought he could not get funnier

[ QUOTE ]
warlockjd :
-Why does the Right post facts and the Left post innuendo and fallacies?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SheetWise (right-wing guy) :
-500 tons (1 million pounds) of yellow cake uranium. 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium. Hidden centrifuge parts and blueprints.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Why does the Right post facts and the Left post innuendo and fallacies

[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought this was a joke thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty as charged....well sarcastic anyway...

I can't remember if I was drunk or bored, but 1 of those 2 was combined with annoyance at the Vietnam post.

Nice retort, Sheet, 'proving' my point
Old 09-26-2005, 03:37 PM

Background.
Issues and Arguments.
BBC Link.