Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Default I believe if the U.S. public was totally educated on all the issues...

...(fill in the dot dot dot)

I will post mine after a few responses (if there are any).
Old 08-27-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I believe if the U.S. public was totally educated on all the issues...

..the largest mass-suicide ever would quickly ensue.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: I believe if the U.S. public was totally educated on all the issues...

All Drugs would be legal.
The US would have never set foot in Iraq.
W. would get to spend 12 months a year on his Crawford ranch.
The color-coded terror chart would be scrapped.
Nobody would ever watch Fox News except when they were high and wanted a good laugh at the walking hypocrisy that is Bill O'Reilly.
Organized religion would cease to exist.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: I believe if the U.S. public was totally educated on all the issue

[ QUOTE ]
All Drugs would be legal.
The US would have never set foot in Iraq.
W. would get to spend 12 months a year on his Crawford ranch.
The color-coded terror chart would be scrapped.
Nobody would ever watch Fox News except when they were high and wanted a good laugh at the walking hypocrisy that is Bill O'Reilly.
Organized religion would cease to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach!
Old 08-28-2005, 12:05 AM

typical hippie college kid response

drugs, drugs, hating on bill o'reilly, getting high, more drugs, and umm, down with the establishment.

Go back to your drum circle

-Matt
Old 08-28-2005, 01:00 AM

haha nice post
Old 08-28-2005, 02:52 AM

"everyone would agree with me"

Is the response you'll get from everyone. If you've come to the conclusions you've come to based on your experiences and inquiry it is difficult to assume another would not come to the same conclusions given the same information and inquiry.

The only reason you could not reach the above statement would be if you did not have confidence in your own believes, which brings the question then of why they are your believes to begin with. Even on "value" judgements you come to your own conclusions based on certain premises you believe to be correct.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:36 AM

- The United States wastes tons of money fighting the war on drugs. Our prisons are filled mostly with non-violent drug offenders, which leads to lighter sentencing and quicker paroles for violent offenders. I get high yet still maintain a "high" 3.78 GPA and have a normal social life. My actions don't affect anyone but me. I don't need the government protecting me from myself.

- The War on Iraq was based on false pretenses and blatently false intelligence. More than half of Americans believed that Iraq had ties to 9/11 at the beginning of the occupation. That is horribly ignorant. Anyone with an IQ above the retardation line could see that Iraq had nothing to do with Sep 11.

-If the public was totally educated they would see that Bush is a Jesus freak who feels the need to tell everyone else how to live morally, through Congressional legislation. An arrogant man who sees things in black and white, almost like a small child, and whose maverick global actions threaten international peace and US perception.

- O'Reilly is just a big dousche. He gets up on his moral high ground and tells everyone else what's right and wrong, yet ignores his own personal issues. The moral compass for idiots who can't think on their own.

And ya, [censored] the establishment.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

drugs, drugs, hating on bill o'reilly, getting high, more drugs, and umm, down with the establishment.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

a.I haven't done drugs in years and I still think they should be legalized if only to kill the blackmarket, lighten the load on our courts/penal system and to keep crackheads from PITA petty theft.

b. Bill O'reilly shoves dildos in his rectum while talking dirty to producers on the phone...That's about all we need to discuss on that subject

c. Common sense should have told the country that Iraq was a lose-lose situation. A country which can't fly a plane in 2/3rds of it's own airspace is not an imminent threat to the US. We should have let sleeping dogs lie and focused on a pure and simple ass-whooping on AQ, the Taliban and nailed a couple of Saudi Princes to the wall for good measure.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. (even though I'm not at all sure you're on target)

-ptmusis